Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of getting rid of my 05 f7 sno-pro and going with a sled that actually handles. im a pretty big guy 6'3 250 lbs what do you think will be beter for me the mach z or the dragon....i do almost all trail riding only in quebec. im leaning towards the dragon but 170 hp is hard to not want

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
The answer is pretty simple over hear at the Dragon's Den! If you haven't ridden the Rev chassis to see if the forward position is comfortable for your frame and style I suggest you do. I believe the Dragon will be the logical choice. The IQ chassis Rocks! And the grunt of these sleds is intense! I highly recommend Sam at H K Powersports in Hooksett. They are a dealership that has been first class in every manner, especially service. Whatever your choice, please think of HCS sponsors for support in your decision. Good luck and happy trails! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My brother has a 05 mach z, I ride a polaris fusion 900. After putting miles on the mach Z I found that just like the REV/MXZ you are stuck in one position for to long. I am also 6'3" 225lbs. I am alot more comfortable on the polaris. After a few miles you can change your position and move around on the sled. The Mach Z has the power, hands down no Bullshit, IT WILL OUT RUN ALL, but if you are looking for a overall good sled that you will put mile after mile on, go with the dragon. thats my opinion. Good luck with making the choice. It all depends on what you plan on doing with the sled and how you honestly ride it. You stated that you ride in Quebec, that is big mile country up there, Keep in mind all day comfort, and the polaris will give you that all day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why do you want to get rid of your sno pro? I would go with the F8 with infinite rider postion if You really want to change your sled. Arctic cat really came up with a sled with all the adjustments that can be made. These sleds are going to accomodate any size weight and type of rider.Look at the Dragon closely before you jump into it, Don't get me wrong I piss Polaris but they have failed in their designs. How can any sled builder overlook cooling to the clutches, you can't build a sled and totally enclose the clutch compartment. Plan on spending a lot of money on belts with the Polaris. It will have power but it will not keep a belt for long. Rumor has it Polaris is done with sleds 2010, all boils down to shareholders. They are doing good with the victories but that is about it. Hope this helps Polaris has always been nice to look at but we need something we can ride.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Wizard, your knowledge of Polaris smallblock engines and the way the are mounted in the chassis with the 600 HO / CFI and 700 Dragon seems to be limited from what I can tell. I see you ride a 2006, 700 Fusion. I hope you realize that the Dragon is absolutely nothing like your sled. The clutches don't heat up the same way. The belts don't blow like yours does. It doesn't shake. It isn't heavy. Motor mounts and torque stops don't bend and break. There are many, many more differences. You talk from experience, but you have none with a 2006 Fusion 600 HO or newer 2007 IQ. They are completely different animals and a lot of the faults you state, simply do not exist on these models. I suggest you take a second look at new Polaris sleds. Now, I'm not bashing your sled or anything...but it seems that you're associating potential problems on the new sleds with the problems we have all seen with the 866 and 755. This just isn't the case.

As for me, my friend has a Dragon 700 and it rocks. It is super smooth, the thing flat out rocks. It's quick, and the top end is good. You can't get any better than this sled on the trails and ditches for handling and control. There simply is nothing else out there that can beat it. The mach z has the power, but the Dragon does everything else better, IMO.

Mach Z = Lake Racer. Dragon = Trail and Ditch Monster. Choose your weapon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
sr_erick As far as experience with small block's yes i have the experience 20,000 miles on the 2002 600. The point I am making is go into the Dragon cautiously. The fusion was suppose to be the be all and end all of sleds and look where it went. It took Polaris 50 years to make a good sled and then they were forced to change design to keep up with market demand and blew it. The indy 500 is what kept polaris afloat this far. You mentioned a number of design flaws with the 755 and the 900 what are the flaws with the Dragon, I guess we will find out by mid winter. Their is no perfect sled but stand behind your product and fix the design flaws.

·
Premium Member
9,024 Posts
Definately try to ride a few sleds and see what fits you best. They are all awesome machines, and really all it comes down to is your preference. Each sled is going to have its pros and cons, so its up to you to decide what you are willing to sacrifice on one machine to gain on another. Remember......... YOU are spending your hard earned $$ for this machine! Don't let all the brand biased guys make your decision for you! :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Buy the dragon. If you don't like it by the end of the year, I don't think you'll have any problems trying to sell it. If I wasn't still in school, I'd have one by now. But if your biggest concern is top speed, then you should definately get the Mach Z.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.