Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post some pics of the Dragon... in our rainy weather. But it's ready to go when we do get snow!

Wheels by HMR Perf. (aka polaris4life)

·
Super Advanced Member
4,102 Posts
:div20:

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,215 Posts
Look's kinda lonely without snow under her. What the pad mounted gauge? EGT?

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,215 Posts
What brand Acello Bud? I've heard a few guys say that the G Tech brand didn't work for them on a sled? Don't think there issue was power supply.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice sled, what do you think of the graphics?! :beerchug:[/b]
I'm not convinced either! Why wouldn’t they (Polaris engineers of course) assume that the headlights are the eyes? The [email protected]#$ing Dragon has everything going for it except the gas tank and the second set of eyes. It makes (made) me stop dead in my tracks five minutes from the dealer. I'm starting to go for the stock 600 HO IQ CFI (black) or wait until the next Snow Check to see if that sweet Beast (the Dragon) comes back in the 599cc HO IQ CFI. It's a friggin 700cc exactly and 10.8 US gallons for the fuel jug. Why didn't they put the big 600 CFI tank on there? I know, I know – sure, a light weight sled is most important for performance (blah, blah, blah), but with that HP and not staying at the legal speed limit (who does) at the best of times even though I’m a law obeying citizen and work for conservation/environmental government agency), I’d rather make it to the next gas station without worrying about having nearly a gallon Canadian less. I have to say that my dealer has been more than patient and been really great to put up with me (Black’s Corners Motorsports in Carleton Place Ontario near Ottawa – www.blackscorners.com) – sorry for the plug, but they’re worth it. The only thing that stopped me was my wife and the bank (and no snow around these parts – it’s really like a bad dream) Yes, I have been drinking whisky heavily without her knowledge and I don’t mean to rant, but why is it that when Polaris is almost ‘THERE’, they skimp (stop short) or alter from the obvious course… I looked at the sales tag on the handlebars and the specs for the machine said SDI 600 (and 700). SDI - WTF is that? Ok, Jim Bean is kicking in – time to go, but let me say this – My dealer is the greatest and the sales (Steve Barbary), service manager (Dave), parts (Trevor) and mechanic (Kevin) know their stuff! Polaris is TRUE and ‘rock solid’ BULLETPROFF. Here’s to that light weight Dragon or 2008, which should be Polaris’ year to take back number one. JD

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What brand Acello Bud? I've heard a few guys say that the G Tech brand didn't work for them on a sled? Don't think there issue was power supply.[/b]
Man, I'd have to go look at the thing again. I can't remember. It's not a G-tech. This one actually uses (2) AA's and you can download the saved info. I've had it for a few years.

You should be working on the Camaro with this weather! LOL That is a sweet looking sled! :div20:[/b]
Thanks... Yeah I should just summerize the sled and start grinding and welding on the car, it's got a looong way to go LOL

Lookin' good BuddyP! The grass still looks way too damn green for January though!! And those rocks in your driveway, YUCK!

Need...snow...noooooowww.......[/b]
Thanks Erick! Raining again here right now... dam the bad luck! Got a big driveway, can't afford the tar right now unfortunatly.

Hey Buddy

Sled looks great, is that the one you won from Polaris?
Good reports on the sled, you must be excited.
Now all we need is snow.
Good Luck

Bruce[/b]
Hey Bruce! yes it is... just waiting for the snow. You still have the '98? Is it all ready to go? Hopfully we can meet up again if we get some lakes to freeze.

·
Registered
807 Posts
That is a kick-ass sled!!
You will have to let us know how she performs if we ever get some white stuff on the ground! :div20:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes I do but it still eats coolant. I will start working on it soon. I have a 05 RX1 for the trails. Good luck with new sled, it looks sick.
Get you butt busy on the car in the garage, I want a ride!

Bruce

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yesterday I got to see one run. VERY IMPRESSED. Both were guys I Knew and also knowing what mods were done to each sled. One was a brand new F8 vs new 700 dragon. F8 mods, Y pipe gutted air box and bullseyes and studs, basically stock, dragon - boonedocker, slp pipe studds and clutch work. Basically all i can say is that it wasn't even close, the dragon was very strong. The run was about 1300 ft. long and he beat the F8 by at least 8 sled lengths. I was told box stock it was dynoed at 145 HP, and with the mods he had done i believe he said 160? can't remember but i know it was around that. He had it dynoed in batavia. All I know is i think i'm going to be snowchecking either the 700 or the rumored 800 that is supposed to be coming out. 2 sleds ago i came off of a well set up 700 prox that was strong enough to run F7's all day and went onto a 600 HO fusion. Basically I fell for all the hype on the 600 and haven't been totally happy with it since i've owned it, because I've been working so much the past year all i've had time to do is ride it and not really be able to put in time to tune it in either. Don't get me wrong, I love the chasis, it just doesn't quite had the pop i want from 75 mph to top speed like my pro x does. Since I'm rambling I did get a chance to run the F8 with old betsy 700 prox. This year i put a new track and studds on it for better traction. Other stuff includes clutch work, VF2 reeds, gutted air box, jetting. I ran him twice, first run he got me out of the whole but i was able to reel him in by the end of the run side by side, second run we went from a rolling start and it was ski to ski the whole way. both the dragon and the F8 had about 100 miles on them, I'm sure the fcat will break in and get stronger and with a little clutch work it will run better. I did ride it a little and a nice machine, then again all brands now with the rider forward are nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts