Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought my Dragon home and it is a very nice sled. Cant wait for winter. One thing, I found that the knob on the resevoir for the rear walker evans shock was hitting the wishbone arm linking the front and rear suspensions. It would only hit when the rear skid was fully extended. I loosened up the clamps that hold the resevoir to the shock and pressed it down alittle. It now clears approx" 1/8" when skid is fully extended. Make sure you guys check them! I had it in the grass already, but no studs yet since I just brought it home. It works real well and it looks awesome. It appears that the Polaris crew did a real nice job with attention to detail in design and appearance. Under the hood is awesome the way everything is laid out and the new chain case cover has a sight glass. No more damn dip stick, The fill hole is at the back of the chain case in the footwell area. NICE. I already had the airbox off and the mains are 420's. Jetting chart says you can go down to 400's from 0-20 F at 0-2000'

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by 69redmach1@Sep 10 2005, 08:32 PM
I snowchecked one too, post some pics to keep us going!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869264
[/quote]

Hey mach, did you dump the '05? Congrats kmiller :div20: Post some pics when you have the chance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I will try to post some pics guys, but I don't have a digital camera and I am not real good with computers. I know, i have to get with the program and get a digital camera. I will do my best because I know you guys would do it for me. That is what I like about these forums. It is an awesome sled, but it is going to suck waiting for snow. I still have the Victory Kingpin to ride to keep my mind off of it for alittle while. I have to get my studs ordered and I think I am going with 144 Woody's 1.450 double digger and big round ones for the singles and the big nuts. I want it to bite hard, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am getting my Ripsaw swapped out for a Camoplast Ice Ripper...same as Ripsaw, but with 256 carbide tips pre-molded into the track lugs...way lighter than studding, way more picks, and warranty! Probably won't cost much (or any) more for the swap out than studding. And if it doesn't work, or you lose tips, you can always stud later.

If you've already been out on the grass with yours, might not be an option...harder for dealer to get rid of a track that looks used...

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by kmiller2@Sep 10 2005, 04:12 PM
I just brought my Dragon home and it is a very nice sled. Cant wait for winter.  One thing, I found that the knob on the resevoir for the rear walker evans shock was hitting the wishbone arm linking the front and rear suspensions.  It would only hit when the rear skid was fully extended.  I loosened up the clamps that hold the resevoir to the shock and pressed it down alittle.  It now clears approx" 1/8" when skid is fully extended.  Make sure you guys check them!  I had it in the grass already, but no studs yet since I just brought it home.  It works real well and it looks awesome.  It appears that the Polaris crew did a real nice job with attention to detail in design and appearance.  Under the hood is awesome the way everything is laid out and the new chain case cover has a sight glass.  No more damn dip stick,  The fill hole is at the back of the chain case in the footwell area.  NICE.  I already had the airbox off and the mains are 420's.  Jetting chart says you can go down to 400's from 0-20 F at 0-2000'
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=868855
[/quote]

maybe it's just the way you typed it, but that 400 main is from 0 to +20

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrats on the sled!! :div20:

Is the windsheild on it a shiney black or is a rough texture black?

I talked to my dealer on Thursday, he said its been built and theres a shipment that left the factory on The 7th heading to him but he dosn't know if its on that truck or not. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
here is a pick i took at haydays today. winshield doesnt look real shiny. kinda dull

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by LibertyLover@Sep 10 2005, 09:49 PM
Hey mach, did you dump the '05?  Congrats kmiller :div20:  Post some pics when you have the chance.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=869289
[/quote]

Yup, cut a deal last year to trade it before the values really dropped, my dealer is going to choke hard on mine. I tested the 600ho during the Snodeo and was very impressed, I think the Dragon's going to be Polaris's best sled this year.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Congrats on the sled!! :div20:

Is the windsheild on it a shiney black or is a rough texture black?

I talked to my dealer on Thursday, he said its been built and theres a shipment that left the factory on The 7th heading to him but he dosn't know if its on that truck or not. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=870068
Talked to my dealer on Friday, He doesn't even have a ship date yet. Don't know whats up... :banghead: Maybe this week :zzz:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry guys, I meant 0 to +20. The windshield is flat black on outside and shiney on inside. I do alot of drag racing in the fields just screwing around so I am staying with the ripsaw and studs. I don't think that new track will be very good fro drag racing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts