Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any real world expierence as far as handling, steering, acceleration or top speed by shortening the limiter strap to the next hole?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i never adjusted my limiter but on my 2nd 07 now i did replace the rear springs to match my weight and what a differeence that made i was pumpe afer i went out on how well it handled the bumps then we went around some twisties and it steered flat and no ski lift

·
Registered
91 Posts
i never adjusted my limiter but on my 2nd 07 now i did replace the rear springs to match my weight and what a differeence that made i was pumpe afer i went out on how well it handled the bumps then we went around some twisties and it steered flat and no ski lift[/b]
I also put heavier rear springs in my Dragon. The only thing is I had to repace the mount. Because the bolt will hit the bigger spring. With the new mount it is threaded so you can run a smaller bolt sot the spring will not rub.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Anybody have any real world expierence as far as handling, steering, acceleration or top speed by shortening the limiter strap to the next hole?[/b]

Not sure the diff. by shortening by 1 hole, but if you really pull it up , it changes the track angle significantly which theoretically will give you more speed, also will apply more ski pressure............always a tradeoff though,if riding in a lot of snow,you won't be able to get up ontop of the snow as well............when set-up for drag racing,we have even drilled extra holes to make the angle even flatter.............cheers............

·
Registered
385 Posts
used to do it on older sleds, but havent tried it on the dragon yet. If i get bored I might try it, I usually just adjust my walkers to changing conditions a couple of clicks makes a huge difference with inside ski lift, there always seems to be a happy medium for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts