Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall,

i was just looking for some advice....this past week i went to the local grass drags and got beat pretty good....i geared my F6 carb down and i have it clutched but im looking for little things that can give me a better time/speed....

In 500 feet i ran the following:


7.169s @ 70.53 MPH
Reaction time of .205s

any help is apprecited

Danny :div20:
 

·
Premium Member
2022XCR850137 / 2022 SL 850 Boost
Joined
·
6,711 Posts
Originally posted by SickNasty04F6@Oct 10 2005, 06:29 PM
Hey yall,

i was just looking for some advice....this past week i went to the local grass drags and got beat pretty good....i geared my F6 carb down and i have it clutched but im looking for little things that can give me a better time/speed....

In 500 feet i ran the following:
7.169s @ 70.53 MPH
Reaction time of .205s

any help is apprecited

Danny  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920652
[/quote]
ya you need to be in the 5.7 range conntact hallnracing or srxspec they my have some starting points
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
My f6 was efi, but back when we used to run carbs, we were always about ten jet sizes down from stock, with bigger pilots to prevent lean bog. Engage around 5500. Suspension work is huge. Must get low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by hallnracing@Oct 10 2005, 07:29 PM
My f6 was efi, but back when we used to run carbs, we were always about ten jet sizes down from stock, with bigger pilots to prevent lean bog. Engage around 5500. Suspension work is huge. Must get low.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920867
[/quote]


Thx for thin info....i know it did seem to bog out when i took off it was warm too that night....i dropped it down a lil today....whats the best way to drop the rear suspension??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,047 Posts
If you do it right, get spacers in your shocks or whatever they do to lower them...To do it my way get a tow strap or limiter strap material(the better choice) and strap your suspension down..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,469 Posts
I'm running a 04 f6 carb in the grass this year. I chained my front down, but we have to have 4" of travel front and back. The rear i sucked up the limiter straps and bought a new limiter strap and ran a bolt thru the rear shock mount down toward the cross rail. It seems to work out great plus you can adjust your front and rear staps. I 'm running k&n filters and like halling said jetted down and work all year on setup. Good luck and have some fun. :div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
The EFI will only lean the engine to 40 degs. If its warmer it will be very
rich.....The EFI are very rich when its warm 20-40 degs. Dirt dragging
in the heat with EFI is not recomended if you like winning. You cannot
believe how lean we run the carbs.
 

·
Premium Member
2022XCR850137 / 2022 SL 850 Boost
Joined
·
6,711 Posts
Originally posted by user2@Oct 11 2005, 10:59 AM
The EFI will only lean the engine to 40 degs. If its warmer it will be very
rich.....The EFI are very rich when its warm 20-40 degs. Dirt dragging
in the heat with EFI is not recomended if you like winning. You cannot
believe how lean we run the carbs.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922065
[/quote]
:smilielol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,030 Posts
My EFI always ran fine for me and I won a few times?

I believe I ran 19/43 gearing and somewhere around 68 gram weights with my setup with a red/white secondary spring and 58/33 micro-belmont helix. I don't recall which primary spring I ran, but engagement was around 5200 and I ran a Speedwerx SP74 belt or the 021 Cat belt. As a few others have said, your best friend is your rear suspension! You'll find as many gains there as you will anywhere else!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
My efi ran fine also. efi has always been faster than carb at the drags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Originally posted by user2@Oct 11 2005, 10:59 AM
The EFI will only lean the engine to 40 degs. If its warmer it will be very
rich.....The EFI are very rich when its warm 20-40 degs. Dirt dragging
in the heat with EFI is not recomended if you like winning. You cannot
believe how lean we run the carbs.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922065
[/quote]
:bunny-pancake:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top