Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had rotator cuff surgery so I will be an observer this season, stuck reading trail reports, snow depths and adventures while Jonesing at home all winter. Sucks.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Damn that does suck man. Well rest up and hopefully you'll just get stronger for next season. :bc:

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I just had rotator cuff surgery so I will be an observer this season, stuck reading trail reports, snow depths and adventures while Jonesing at home all winter. Sucks.
Damn bro! Couldnt hold it off? I think I need it too! I took a dump in Maine last year and my shoulder is pure pain every day.

Sucks bro, I was hoping to join you kawi on the border to border banzi run

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Sorry to hear. I tore my cuff a while back, 15 years or so, motorcycle accident. I hate myself some days for not getting it knifed, sleep is miserable some nights. Snowmobiling ir rough conditions is brutal on the shoulders. I guess I don't have the guts to sit out the recovery. Get better, I may be reaching out to get some feedback.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Wife missed all of last year when she slipped 9 days before XMas and broke her wrist. Doc just told her she is not riding this year either. Sucks for me too!!!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Daytripper hang in there. Heal up. Maybe we can rig a set up for you to pilot you around?

I need revision surgery on my neck, but I'm putting it off as long as possible. I'm in a lot of pain, but not willing to go through another major surgery right now.

I miss a days ride here and there, you could always come and hang out. I read, paint, and make an elaborate dinner on those days.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sorry to hear Mike - good luck on your recovery. Know of many guys who have had it done. I know that this time next year, you'll be planning your B-2-B ride with a couple of your riding friends.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn bro! Couldnt hold it off? I think I need it too! I took a dump in Maine last year and my shoulder is pure pain every day.

Sucks bro, I was hoping to join you kawi on the border to border banzi run

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have been sleeping in the recliner, don't want to do that forever. Just had to bite the bullet and get it done. I had one torn tendon done years ago, took care of that with therapy, tore two more and the bicep tendon was misplaced, I could work OK but sleeping was the issue, hopefully this will take care of it. Doc also tuned up a few other issues with shoulder.

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wife missed all of last year when she slipped 9 days before XMas and broke her wrist. Doc just told her she is not riding this year either. Sucks for me too!!!
Yep, "sometimes you are the windshield, sometimes the bug"..

·
Registered
629 Posts
5 months recovery time. puts me into March.
I feel for ya man. I'm the same age (62) as you and last Spring I tore my labrum and popped my shoulder out and back in diving for a ball playing 'old man' baseball (over 38 league). No surgery but I had to rehab for 6 months with 2 different cortizone shots. Took until this past February for it to feel right. No more baseball but i'm still playing hockey but feel it pulling back for a slapshot. My buddy who is a pitcher had the RC surgery and yeah it took about 6 to 7 months and he said the Rehab was more painful than the should pain in the 1st place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts