Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Porcupine mountains, or Keweenaw?

Its been a few years just trying to figure out where that picture was taken. Some great trails there for sure....
Thats Brockway Mountain...The "Vista" that overlooks Copper Harbor has a couple trees you have to look thru, and the backdrop is the town and Lk Superior...When I get some time i'll post my pic overlooking Copper from 1983...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Just to take this thread a bit off topic....
DooTalk is child's play compared to some of the bizarre stuff I've seen on other forums. Dootalk could be worst.
I have participated in the past on Dootalk and to a greater extent on ArcticChat (as a mod before getting booted). Dootalk is civil compared to the way ArcticChat used to be. Admins Dadszr/ Don and C-note/ Rusty were about as heavy handed as I have ever seen, and bullied members routinely. It almost killed that site. @Bontz I am sure recalls how they used to run ArcticChat with an iron fist. It drove people away and pushed them here to HCS. C-note & Dadszr even came here routinely on HCS to stir $hit up, and C-note even made real life threats towards @Bontz (I still have that voicemail, Chris). Today, the fallout continues. Although all forums have declined as a result of specialty groups on Facebook, ArcticChat is still alive. It is very well run by the Admins/mods (especially @favoritos, @tiggershark, @doorfx, @gregb, and @krom). As far as I know, all of them still lurk here. The same decline could easily occur on Dootalk.

Dootalk is still a great source of info, but heavy handed mods/admins can really screw up a site.

·
Administrator
21,217 Posts
ArcticChat has come a LONG way since 2003, when Marc (TeamArctic) originally started it. And as Forest Gump would say, "that's all I got to say about that"

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
And the only reason you have Admin access on here is because of conversations between you & I about the software changes on here and somewhere in the future on DT and me asking all of the Admins & Mods if they were ok with giving you temporary admin access on here so you could check out the new software and the new admin controls. Every admin on here agreed so VS granted you admin access to this site and you NEVER once thank anyone of us for allowing you to see how the new software works by using this site. Your access is and was suppose to be temporary on this site and I/we will be asking to have your admin rights & access removed from this site, VS can grant you access to another site and members that is a better fit for you than here.
Lol. Fealt that over here.lolololol

·
Registered
388 Posts
DooTalk is ridiculous with their censorship. Anybody on there who knows what they're talking about technically, seems to get booted off. I swear the Mods there are all snowflakes. Nobody takes that site seriously anymore, and their membership is way down because of it.

That PitGrunt guy has ultra-thin skin. If anybody posts anything that (accurately) contradicts another member's post, he gets his ban hammer out. Lol. These crybabies, where everyone is offended by something, are what's wrong with the world today.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
DooTalk is ridiculous with their censorship. Anybody on there who knows what they're talking about technically, seems to get booted off. I swear the Mods there are all snowflakes. Nobody takes that site seriously anymore, and their membership is way down because of it.

That PitGrunt guy has ultra-thin skin. If anybody posts anything that (accurately) contradicts another member's post, he gets his ban hammer out. Lol. These crybabies, where everyone is offended by something, are what's wrong with the world today.
It's random and one can only guess it has to do with his mood of the day. There would be conversations taking place in threads that would go on for days, even weeks with nearly zero controversy and then suddenly warnings are issued, threads completely deleted. This while other moderators of the site had been actively participating in those very same threads and conversations.

I get that being a moderator is a mostly thankless job but as my grandpa used to say: "Son, you live in a free country if you don't like the position you are in get up off your ass and do something about it." Guess that is where I inherited my distaste for personal agenda's or people on random power trips. Mod's have the same choice as members. They can leave at any time and some should.

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
24,317 Posts

That's what people say about Mods & Admins here on HCS......
roflrofl.gif

As for membership being down, all web sites memberships are down because of social media stuff and if you ask members on here some will say the new software on here now and the forced password disaster a few years back chased people away.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Agree that most of these "old fashioned" forums will die off with those of us that have been on them for a long time. But these forums are a form of social media/social networking it's just that as social media evolves and other outlets emerge followers will follow and many will move on. I have no interest in facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, or name the new popular social media flavor of the day but it's obvious I'm in the minority and perfectly fine with that.

·
Administrator
21,217 Posts
I'm on Facebook, but not for snowmobile stuff. That doesn't mean I don't join the various snowmobile groups, but they just don't work as well (for me) as a dedicated site like HCS. It's hard to believe we're almost at 20 years of HCS, honestly. As us Gen X and "Boomers" fade away, these dedicated sites will also fade away.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Ive always been a forum Guy . Never have had Facebook. Im 35. Forums can be like an encyclopedia for some of my cars, sleds boats etc. Really a shame things are not what they use to be.
But with all the censorship that is going on with Fakebook, Twitter etc lately...I think you will see something else come along or forums may gain some popularity again. People are getting tired of the nonsense.
Well at least I hope that happens. High hopes I know.....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Arctic chat and dootalk are for brand loyalists only.

Bunch of pansies
It was like that around here back in the beginning...Website owner jumped ship from Polaris to Cat and bought a 03 F-7...80% of his moderators were Cataholics and SOFTCORE riders at best...Even though I rode Cats on and off for 50 seasons, I would never buy into the Arctic Cat is the greatest mindset...Matter of fact, at the time I was deemed more of an Anti-Cat guy, even if I had owned probably 20+ Catz from 1969-2006...I remember back around 2006-07 I posted a pic of the 3 sleds that I owned at that time...2002 ZR8...2003 RX-1...2006 XF-7...One of the mods posted that the pic was fake and those sleds were not ALL mine...His quote was " That I was more full of shit than the diapers his mother was changing at the nursing home she worked at"...I offered to send him the 3 State Farm Ins premiums so he could pay them for me, and he ran off with his tail between his legs...YEP...That mod is still here today...lol
Sleds.jpg

Reactions: cfm

·
Administrator
21,217 Posts
LOL ... I just saw this latest reply. If that's a reference to me (not sure but it could have been??) ... MelroseMafia!! .... I wasn't a mod here until I left ArcticChat and agreed to help clean up some of the drama in the Polaris forums back in the D8 days.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Doobietalk and Arcticchatter don't completely suck, but HCS is better

I'm in two sled groups on Facebook, they aren't great.

Well organized and run forums like this one (yes, it is) are a far better resource than Facetoobook, etc. will ever be due to the nature of the organization of information, helpful/knowledgeable members and the fact that good information doesn't get run down the page by nonsensical drivel constantly. You can't search 'how to fix' threads on social media and get 10 hits that might help you fix '???' but you will in a well run forum.

HCS isn't perfect, most of the mods are alcoholics and likely have outstanding arrest warrants, the new format is blah, we can't kick sand in brand specific forums but imo this is the best flatlander sled forum currently in the cyberworld.

Thank you to the mods, contributors and shit-stirrers here. 🤡

p.s. - the new emojis suck ass

·
Chicken Thumb!
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I'm on Facebook, but not for snowmobile stuff. That doesn't mean I don't join the various snowmobile groups, but they just don't work as well (for me) as a dedicated site like HCS. It's hard to believe we're almost at 20 years of HCS, honestly. As us Gen X and "Boomers" fade away, these dedicated sites will also fade away.
Well said!

·
Administrator
2021 Gade XRS 900T
16,794 Posts
Well said!
Have you been set free at Doo-Talk? I haven't checked yet, but today is the end of my 30 day sentence I should be free, but with a ankle bracelet.

EDIT: It would appear that the Grunt has misplaced my ankle bracelet and my release is now scheduled for 7:48pm today.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You can't contradict anybody or question what they post or Pit Grunt will warn you and suspend you.
On the other hand there are guys who will bash everything you post and personally attack you and they won't even get a warning.
They are losing lots of money because sponsors are leaving because of a few trouble makers who bash them all the time yet they are never disciplined.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts