Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boys,

I have spent a little time on ths Rev site over the past couple of days trying to get a handle on whether or not Ski Doo gets as much negativity around the Rev as we see posted on this site. Don't get me wrong I love this site...it is my addiction but we do give the firecats a ton of bad press, which in turn ends up on other sites and even market rags....this ultimately deteriorates our resale value.

My scan of all the topics on the rev site back into mid January seem to indicate that their are just as many people complaining about topics near and dear to our hearts such as...Burned out engines, tristed frames, poor dealer representation, poor customer service, and overall fit and finish of their sleds(ie gauges fogging).

The two differences that stick out to me between doo talk and hardcoresledder are that this site not only post's problems but the guys on this site post resolutions...the doo guys just seem to bitch and not offer as much comrodery...just my opinion.

The second thing I noticed is that it is very hard to read a string of post's without someone mentioning the firecat. The rev boy's seem to need to reassure each other that they have a good sled and that the firecat is garbage. The f7 is the comparison for almost every good and bad thing about the rev on this site...pretty interesting...

My point simply that all sleds can be good or bad. Sledding is a sport that has many challenges and many rewards. Utimately however it is opinionated beyond any other sport in the world and the web is a tool for all to express their opinions....welcome to the 21st century...but for those of you write emails in the heat of the moment complaining about this or that and then turn around and complain about the resale of your sled next year...take 20 deep breaths and think about whether you comments are negative or constructive..because ultimately you may be shooting yourself in the foot.

This site is second to none....and from a guy that has a skidoo and a firecat in his shed...you guys are the the most knowledgeable and classy folks on the web...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Some call it the "Cat family"...I've even heard it referred to as the "Cat cult". Either way, I enjoy being a part of it. I agree the Doo site "feels" different and I'm not exactly sure why. Guess it's a Cat thing...Marc

·
Registered
244 Posts
just came of of revtalk.com and they have problems too!!. granted they dont have any where near the clan that we do ,probably there afraid to say they bought a sled that can get beat up by a cat or sno-pony( remember them ). they all have there flaws but by far cat is a better machine!!!!!!! :D :D :D B)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts