Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not shour if this is the right place for this but i wanted to ask you fellow sledders.Dont u just hate it when assholes sell you somthing like a sled and you pay good money for it only to later find out it was shit hauled?I just bought a nother sled off a guy who lived a fair distance away so i called him up when i was intristed in buying it and asked him a fiew questions.I asked him if there was anything wrong with it that i should know befor i buy it so i can fix it or maby change my mind all together.Now im a honest person and im shour a lot of you are two but i just cant sell somebody anything without telling them if somthing needs to be done am i right?So i bought the sled spent all my money only to get around the yard and have the feul pump go,ok maby just bad luck happens to everybody. So i put my new pump in and tonight i decided to check the chaincase because i found it was leaking ever since i bought it(figured a gasket or somthing) when i hauled it apart i quickly discovered he was after busting a chain and beating a hole in the side of it on the back,but thats not all folks, i noticed that he had the spacers n everything in wrong on the reverse gear which tore off the teeth and scored the chain really badly so i hauled the chain case out looked down and noticed there was tape on the chasis coming back from the bulk head hauled that off and seen about 5 big cracks going down threw it every wher so in a fit of rage i got under my sled and hauled off the skid plate and seen the massive hole in the bottom along with about a nother half a dozen cracks up threw the bottom n under the motor mounts.But he hid it so well i could not see any of this when i was buying it so now im basickly heart brocken i spent all my money and now theres another fiew hundred dollars worth of parts along with the motor got to be hauled out to.but its a good thing the guy i bought it from dont live near here cuz i fells like levlin em right now.And at the rate im going i wont even get to ride my sled this winter because i cant just go out and buy parts i got to make more dam money.So i ask you again dont u just hate some jackasses on this planet who sell u shit?

·
Registered
154 Posts
About four years ago my dad bought a 1997 600 Powder Extreme from a guy and before we bought it my dad asked the guy why he was selling it and the guy said he just upgrading so we bought it. About the second or third ride it broke down about 2 miles into the ride it shut off like someone hit the kill switch. So we towed it back the the trailer and opened the hood and looked around tore some stuff apart and didnt fin anything wrong other than you couldnt pull the pull rope. We came home and took more stuff apart and we could tell someone has toren it apart before. They guy sold it to us because th crank was going out. Another guy that sold a broken sled

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would call his ass up and drive it back to him. Bring a buddy and a baseball bat....dump it in his driveway and knock on the door. What a piece of shit. What is his name and address so we can all start calling him.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would call his ass up and drive it back to him. Bring a buddy and a baseball bat....dump it in his driveway and knock on the door. What a piece of shit. What is his name and address so we can all start calling him.[/b]
ya i did e mail em back asking wtf he never got back but i payed in cash and he wrote a bill of sales so im fucked in that department i think.but i feels like callin his ass up and askin what the fuck is wrong with his brain.i also just found that the (Race can he had is just a peice of fuckin driveshaft with no baffles! i dont know if he s part beverly hill billy or what but hes fuckin stupid. an he basickly sold the sled to a kid im on 16 so youd think he`d be able to reaolize i cant afford to be puttin shit on it all the time the cunt!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I sold an older sled to a guy at haydays and when he asked if it needed any thing I told him to go through all the fuel lines and some of the heim joints in the steering were loose and that honestly was all I know of that it needed and I actually think it made him trust me it would have scared some people away but not him and he ended up buying two sleds from us you dont always have to lie, but man that sucks someone got some cat parts laying around? give him a deal if you do!

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I used to think that most if not all sledders were good people.
I have spent enough time here to find out that it's not the case indeed.
There are some real . gobblers who ride snowmobiles.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
om my fucking god! i just haules the motor out today to prepare it for welding job later on down the road and when i looked up under the base i noticed when he had the accident he also fuckin put a hole in the base AND TRIED TO FIX IT WITH JB WELD SO NOW IM NEVER GOING TO GET TO RIDE MY SLED AND IM PROBLY GOING TO BE STUCK WITH IT UNTILL IT ROTS. I WORKED FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS DURING THE SUMMER SINCE I WAS 13 TO MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A NICE SLED AND NOW ITS ALL GONE TO WAST..........FUCK YOU JUSTIN PITTMAN

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
You can patch a crankcase with JB Weld and not have to worry about that being the problem, but the concern is why the case was damaged in the first place. It sounds like he hit something hard enough to go trough the belly pan and damage the case, which may have also damaged the crank shaft. That is not something you want to hear. Did oyu check the VIN number to see if it was branded as a total loss? You may have recourse on this guy if it is fraudulent misrepresentation. Any time you buy used you have to expect to spend money on it, if you privately, or at a dealership. Used is used and they will generally teach you a lot, and hopefully it will be stuff you want to learn. Did you try talking to the guy? Maybe he is a curbsider and recently bought from someone else in the hope of flipping it for some profit. Give the guy a chance to step up and help with the piece of crap he sold you, but don't start by rippin' him a new one, or you'll get nowhere.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
You can patch a crankcase with JB Weld and not have to worry about that being the problem, but the concern is why the case was damaged in the first place. It sounds like he hit something hard enough to go trough the belly pan and damage the case, which may have also damaged the crank shaft. That is not something you want to hear. Did oyu check the VIN number to see if it was branded as a total loss? You may have recourse on this guy if it is fraudulent misrepresentation. Any time you buy used you have to expect to spend money on it, if you privately, or at a dealership. Used is used and they will generally teach you a lot, and hopefully it will be stuff you want to learn. Did you try talking to the guy? Maybe he is a curbsider and recently bought from someone else in the hope of flipping it for some profit. Give the guy a chance to step up and help with the piece of crap he sold you, but don't start by rippin' him a new one, or you'll get nowhere.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
om my fucking god! i just haules the motor out today to prepare it for welding job later on down the road and when i looked up under the base i noticed when he had the accident he also fuckin put a hole in the base AND TRIED TO FIX IT WITH JB WELD SO NOW IM NEVER GOING TO GET TO RIDE MY SLED AND IM PROBLY GOING TO BE STUCK WITH IT UNTILL IT ROTS. I WORKED FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS DURING THE SUMMER SINCE I WAS 13 TO MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A NICE SLED AND NOW ITS ALL GONE TO WAST..........FUCK YOU JUSTIN PITTMAN[/b]

Edit.
Oops, this is General.

I doubt you'll get very far with the seller.
If he did all of these things and didn't tell you, he doesn't exactly sound like an honest person.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Your a minor for one.. you will have more pull legally than anything else.. get your parents to contact a lawer and draft a nice letter. send it certified and notify him that if a full refund is not given he will be taken to small claims court.

There are lemon laws out there, it might be a pain in the ass.. but you should get a judgement in your favor.

good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can patch a crankcase with JB Weld and not have to worry about that being the problem, but the concern is why the case was damaged in the first place. It sounds like he hit something hard enough to go trough the belly pan and damage the case, which may have also damaged the crank shaft. That is not something you want to hear. Did oyu check the VIN number to see if it was branded as a total loss? You may have recourse on this guy if it is fraudulent misrepresentation. Any time you buy used you have to expect to spend money on it, if you privately, or at a dealership. Used is used and they will generally teach you a lot, and hopefully it will be stuff you want to learn. Did you try talking to the guy? Maybe he is a curbsider and recently bought from someone else in the hope of flipping it for some profit. Give the guy a chance to step up and help with the piece of crap he sold you, but don't start by rippin' him a new one, or you'll get nowhere.[/b]
im gonna try to talk to em but man at this rate i dont know what to do i just spent 200 bucks yesterday for tie rod ends and pins for reverse which i figured was the problem but its actuall a blown chaincase,and other nick nacs for it so im basikly broke and i still got to get the bulkhead and everything welded yet so im pretty well fucked as of now and im hoping the base is going to be allright because i know they aint cheap, heres what i bought......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your a minor for one.. you will have more pull legally than anything else.. get your parents to contact a lawer and draft a nice letter. send it certified and notify him that if a full refund is not given he will be taken to small claims court.

There are lemon laws out there, it might be a pain in the ass.. but you should get a judgement in your favor.

good luck[/b]
no i just checked the bill of sales he did because my dad went in with him when he wrote it and said shouldnt you write it in my sons name he bought it but he said no its no big deal anyway so dad trusted him and now its in my dads name so you can say it im basickly screwed.....

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
im not shour if this is the right place for this but i wanted to ask you fellow sledders.Dont u just hate it when assholes sell you somthing like a sled and you pay good money for it only to later find out it was shit hauled?I just bought a nother sled off a guy who lived a fair distance away so i called him up when i was intristed in buying it and asked him a fiew questions.I asked him if there was anything wrong with it that i should know befor i buy it so i can fix it or maby change my mind all together.Now im a honest person and im shour a lot of you are two but i just cant sell somebody anything without telling them if somthing needs to be done am i right?So i bought the sled spent all my money only to get around the yard and have the feul pump go,ok maby just bad luck happens to everybody. So i put my new pump in and tonight i decided to check the chaincase because i found it was leaking ever since i bought it(figured a gasket or somthing) when i hauled it apart i quickly discovered he was after busting a chain and beating a hole in the side of it on the back,but thats not all folks, i noticed that he had the spacers n everything in wrong on the reverse gear which tore off the teeth and scored the chain really badly so i hauled the chain case out looked down and noticed there was tape on the chasis coming back from the bulk head hauled that off and seen about 5 big cracks going down threw it every wher so in a fit of rage i got under my sled and hauled off the skid plate and seen the massive hole in the bottom along with about a nother half a dozen cracks up threw the bottom n under the motor mounts.But he hid it so well i could not see any of this when i was buying it so now im basickly heart brocken i spent all my money and now theres another fiew hundred dollars worth of parts along with the motor got to be hauled out to.but its a good thing the guy i bought it from dont live near here cuz i fells like levlin em right now.And at the rate im going i wont even get to ride my sled this winter because i cant just go out and buy parts i got to make more dam money.So i ask you again dont u just hate some jackasses on this planet who sell u shit?[/b]
buyer beware

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.