Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many posts I have read, (seems like a million) both here and in other places, of people running their sleds very low, or out of gas, and then not being able to start them again. :unsure:

So, this is a reminder from your friends on the NEW HARDCORESLEDDER forums.

"Friends don't let friends run their F7's out of fuel."

:)

·
Registered
930 Posts
If you are talking about the running low and whining noise, gls posted on amsnow that "It's the smart valves not returning to open. Were working hard on that now. Your dealer should have fix information soon."

In general, you shouldn't run an EFI out of gas...Marc

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the mileage my F7 is getting, I think it would be hard to run it out of gas.. All your riding buddies would run out first!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by Team Arctic@Dec 18 2002, 08:57 AM
If you are talking about the running low and whinning noise, gls posted on amsnow that "It's the smart valves not returning to open. Were working hard on that now. Your dealer should have fix information soon."

In general, you shouldn't run an EFI out of gas...Marc
Anyone else have the problem of their power valves not operating correctly? How do you know if they are not functioning correctly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Nick@Dec 18 2002, 09:22 AM
Rob, what you gettin for mileage? How many miles you got logged now?
I averaged over 15mpg in Quebec last week. I've got about 610 on now. I haven't rode since the trip, been too busy.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
So, just EXACTLY how low aren't we supposed to let the fuel get -- one gal? two gals?? three gals??? This is getting ridiculous. If this is all "smart" valve problems (using the term "smart" VERY loosely) then I hope Cat has a good and timely fix for this REAL soon. This statement does NOT apply to those people that simply ran their sleds out of gas! -- Roy

·
Registered
4 Posts
there is a bulletin coming out.. it will be to replace the rear smart valve with a vented style valve..don't know the details yet..hope to soon. In any event, if it happens before you get the fix, don't panic and just let the sled sit a half hour or so and the valves will open nomally by themselves.

·
Administrator
20,827 Posts
Rob,

Glad to hear you got the inside scoop on the SB. That's basically "word for word" what I got from my dealer. He used the term "bleeder hole" instead of vent, but it's the same thing. Mine should be getting the update tomorrow, and back home on Friday. Luckily there's no snow around here in MN, so it's not costing me seat time ;)

Later fellas,
Chris

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Dec 18 2002, 11:05 AM
In any event, if it happens before you get the fix, don't panic and just let the sled sit a half hour or so and the valves will open nomally by themselves.
LOL!!! "Hey, let's run 'em Roy and see just how hot that new Firecat is!" "Sorry, got a wait half an hour for my smart valves to bleed off (or whatever they're supposed to do!!!). Sheese... anyway, keep us posted Boss! -- Roy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Roy T+Dec 18 2002, 11:50 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Dec 18 2002, 11:05 AM
In any event, if it happens before you get the fix, don't panic and just let the sled sit a half hour or so and the valves will open nomally by themselves.
LOL!!! "Hey, let's run 'em Roy and see just how hot that new Firecat is!" "Sorry, got a wait half an hour for my smart valves to bleed off (or whatever they're supposed to do!!!). Sheese... anyway, keep us posted Boss! -- Roy[/b]
yea, but you gotta admit its better than getting towed home by a yamaha or something :D :lol: :p Just figure a way to play it cool to your buddies..

Hmmm.... "I just want to hang here a while guys and watch for the moose I just saw".. or something to that effect ;) ^_^ <_<

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Dec 18 2002, 09:29 AM
nick,
your power valves are on your exhaust ports. on engine cylinder
smart valves deal with the fuel system
I know where they are, just want to know if you can tell if they are not functioning.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
hate to sit on the trail overnight!!
i always top the tank off at each stop with fuel, never know when that extra 2gallons will come in handy

·
Administrator
20,827 Posts
Originally posted by looneytune@Dec 18 2002, 12:00 PM
Mine sat all night and still won't start. Valve has not released. :(
Sounds like the same problem I had Looney...

Call up your dealer and see if they can get the new smart valve for ya is my suggestion. The sooner, the better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts