Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out last night riding with my girlfriend and we decided to stop on the way home and have a few drinks, and ran into some friends and since we were only a few miles from home we had a few more thinking we were fine I am a good rider, well I would not do this in a car I dont no why I thought it would be ok on the sled, well like 2 miles from the house we were not fine, where we live part of a back road is the trail, so coming up the road about 40 MPH I see the turn to get back on the trail from the road, so I hit the breaks and we go sideways and caught some frozen crap in the road and it threw us both off the sled and it rolled over on me, the next thing I remember is my girlfriend standing over me crying and yelling my name I was out cold for a few mins she said, the sled laying next to me, and still running upside down, thank God the sled took the worst of it, I could of killed my girl and me because of something very stupid, I am not posting this because I am proud, but to be a lesson, we were very lucky, the sled took the worst of it I got a good bruise out of it and I had on a leather jacket and a sweatshirt, the sled got some road rash a bent steering arm a ripped grip and the left hand heat grip dont work, but we are still alive and thats all that counts. so be careful out there guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
:angry: OK...you knew better, so I won't chew you a new one!!! I'm glad you're ok and so is your girlfriend. You did a good thing by posting your experience. We all need a reality check once in awhile.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Whether sober or drinking, these sleds can be dangerous. Glad to hear you're all right. Everyone take this to heart.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes well I am hopeing this well keep someone else from doing the same as me, and maybe not get so lucky, I am not saying you cant stop and have a drink, Just dont over do it, some of us think we are better riders then we really are after a few drinks, and that can kill you or worse some one you dont know, if you have to Drink and ride Just dont over do it,i think we do it more on a sled, for it is harder to get cought by a cop then in a car but just as easy to kill youself or someone else. I put not only my life in my hands last night but that of my girl of 4 years, We were lucky!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have a snow pro track and 153 studs, but they did not dig in untill we went sideways, in this case I think they hurt us more then the helped us, when they dug in it just rolled over, + drinking I am sure I was not riding as well as I thought I was, but trust me it wont happen again!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
glad to hear your o.k. Rich
that gives your sabercat some character, what did your mom tell you about drinking and riding!!!!
now get back on that horse and by-pass the saloon!!
Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts