Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My f6 with ods clutch kit but otherwise stock ran fine every winter i've owned it but this year seems to be missing the whhaappp like its always had. Cleaned the valves the same way ive always cleaned em and been running only high octane gas with new plugs. The sled is doggy through the whole power band but still operates fine and put 300 miles on with no apparent problems other than the crisp, clean snap is gone. It lost about 5 mph top end as well. I have 3300 miles on it. ANy suggestions????

Thanks guys,
James

·
Registered
390 Posts
Check the reeds you might have a cracked one. Mine had one and thats what my sled did. I also ran some seafoam in the next tank of gas to clean it out runs great now.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Why are you running premium gas in a stock sled when AC recommends regular old 87 octane?

Steve[/b]

Good question, Steve. Running high octane will hurt performance if the motor's not made for it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been running interceptor since I owned the thing and I ran premium last year and ran fine. I will check reeds and go from there then. If I find cracked reed what about replacing with boysen or another aftermarket setup? Does it affect the EFI?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
What year F6? what are the revs? Are all the idler bearings in good working order? Maybe clutch springs need some freshening up, there are lots of possibilities. Start running 87 as well.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
The reason I asked is the wife's F6 has been a dog since we bought it used. It won't pull the ODS kit or anything else I have tried. It loads up bad all the time. If it sits and idles for a few minutes, and then you try to race, it won't even open the valves right away. I run the Interceptor also and I had to lean down the pump quite a bit. I actually just put another oil pump on it to try. It will not stay running clean off the bottom. I have switched ECU's, fuel pump, and checked everything I could think of, but it still had no low end. It's lazy with the stock clutching down low, but overrevs a ton on top end, so I know it's making decent power there. I put a small timing key in it and I will try the new pump out. If that doesn't work, I'll lean it down again. It is just huffing blue smoke like a fog machine if it sits idleing. It doesn't feel any better now, but I'm a pig. I dumped everything from the garage and the trailer into the tank because it was empty. That includes the weedwacker gas and some premixed 116 and 110 octane I used this sumer. :head_hurts:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The reason I asked is the wife's F6 has been a dog since we bought it used. It won't pull the ODS kit or anything else I have tried. It loads up bad all the time. If it sits and idles for a few minutes, and then you try to race, it won't even open the valves right away. I run the Interceptor also and I had to lean down the pump quite a bit. I actually just put another oil pump on it to try. It will not stay running clean off the bottom. I have switched ECU's, fuel pump, and checked everything I could think of, but it still had no low end. It's lazy with the stock clutching down low, but overrevs a ton on top end, so I know it's making decent power there. I put a small timing key in it and I will try the new pump out. If that doesn't work, I'll lean it down again. It is just huffing blue smoke like a fog machine if it sits idleing. It doesn't feel any better now, but I'm a pig. I dumped everything from the garage and the trailer into the tank because it was empty. That includes the weedwacker gas and some premixed 116 and 110 octane I used this sumer. :head_hurts:[/b]
Do you have access to another rack of throttle bodies? Almost sounds like a stuck injector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts