Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F7 doesn't seem to do very well at all on the rivers that we run around here. I don't know if it's the narrow track or what. I have the 1 3/8" track. I weigh about 215. Is it me..........................or what? :flush:

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Most any sled can float if your on the gas friend. F5's do it all the time. Unless your runnin on one cyllindar or ur low on blinker fluid then you should be fine. My 245lb dad has waterskipped on a Jag440. people wa tercross on 700's all the time. just get on the gas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 05 F7 SP goes just fine. Like he said stay on the gas. Now I have seen a guy bring his 04 F7 SP right up to the edge of the ice, ski tips dancing on the water, and pin it. It was awesome, he went about 25 yards on his tailight and sank 15 feet down in the lake. Never been fishing in northern Wisconsin on open water in January before!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
couple friends and I, last year watched some kid on an F7 driving around on water just like he was on land, turning, and just cruising around, talked to him afterwards, he said the F sleds cross water like nothing. very impressive. Jacques

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
mine did fine after Simmons skis...... just have to stay on the gas

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
i have watercrossed as well, did have my throttle freeze up on me once though. Had some ducks take off in front of me and the water spray got in the hood. Needless to say the throttle fail safe kicked in on a corner on the frozen part and shut the motor down due to lack of cable tension.

FF

·
Registered
2,267 Posts

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Bet you a dollar its your clutch kit, doesnt have enough back shift, put it back to stock and you will run cirlces around the old set up.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I seen a F7 go from ice to water hit an island about 3ft high 15ft wide and land in water and keep going F sled are unbelievable on water they were running at least a mile down a river turning around and coming back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My 03 f5 skippes like a charm. I think it is all in the rider. I took out my limiter straps and it makes my sled not hope. and i tighten up the secondary clutch to the tightest notch to prevent it from shifting. I have to say that the F Cats run water like no other. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
The trick is to do a wheelie the whole time then the clutches don't get wet. I had my 03 F7 snopro out a few years ago on a decent size slew and was circling around it no problems and i'm about 240. Its ablast easy to turn around i thought and with the HP pretty easy to just be going on the water and can it and pop a wheelie.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The only thing I can think of for going down is either wet clutches, not giving it enough gas or your sled didn't backshift fast enough.

I have no problem crossing. Even from a dead stop with my ski tips on the edge of the water.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Believe this or not, I saw a firecat go accross water with the driver standing up, a guy sitting were the driver should be sitting and another guy sitting behind him. They went accross about 50 yards or so.

Then they were riding wheelies on the snow and ice all the way accross the lake. It was awesome. Crazy, but awesome.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts