Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying my F7 from Nicholson in Ann Arbor, Mi. Which happens to be 700 miles from where I live. Yeah, it's
a good deal. Does this sound insane? How will I handle any "dealer" issues? Would any of you do this for a good
deal? I will save about $400 even after going to get it myself. Still debating....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i would definetly by local,
the money you save could be spent in fuel returning for recalls and such.
although all ac dealers have to handle warranty issues, if you are faithful to a local dealer they will treat you alot better,
to put it simple your sled will sit while the guy who buys from this dealer faithfully will get his fixed
can you blame the dealer, ? probally not
i have bought from the same dealer for years and get great treatment

·
Registered
622 Posts
I live about 10 minutes from my dealer, North Country Sports in Osseo MN. They treat me like royalty and give me good deals on parts, accessories and such. I bring my sled in and they do the maintenance very quickly and fairly for me. I guess that is worth a lot to me. I paid 7269 for my F7 sno pro. I could have shopped around and got a better deal maybe, but they treat me well. I have a lot of respect for them because of the way they treat me, and to me that's worth a lot. Just my beliefs..

·
Registered
530 Posts
I say go for it i bought my sled from there. They are excellent. Good Family run bussiness. I got my sled really cheap too a snoprof5 for the price for a standard couldnt beat it. I say go for it and who have you been dealing with?And as far as recals and such you can take it to any dealer to get those and updates. Its up to you though Its a long drive but if ur gonna save that much hell i would do it and as long as your here ride a little :p

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I had some work done at north country ONCE. Bunch of snot nosed little kids who didn't know the meaning of customer service. If they can hook you up with good service, go for it. Me, i switched to a different dealer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
$25 cents a mile for wear and tear on your vehicle to get there and back. Plus gas. Not a lot of savings there. If your not putting it in the back of a pickup truck to save on gas towing a trailer (depending on the trailer you'd use.) you might be paying a lot for gas to save $400.

I could have driven about 800 miles to save about $400, but decided to buy in my area to support my local dealer. Besides, my local dealer saved me perhaps $600 to $800 on my earlier sled, so I figured I'd pay a little extra for this sled and show some loyalty to the dealer.

It's almost a toss up regarding savings. But if you figure in your time and what's that's worth, I'd probably go with the local dealer instead.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Slider79 ---> Great pic!

We should start a section in this forum for photos of F-Tricks... What do you guys think?

Also, could someone email me with the procedure to attach a pic like this in the forum? Would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I understand trying to save money, but what is an additional 400 dollars when you are talking about 8 grand. I consider my free time pretty valuable. I would have to save a lot more than 400 dollars to drive 700 miles. Just my opinion....

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
That sounds a little crazy! Well, people may think I am crazy too. The dealer I bought my sled at is about 75 miles from my house. There is a Cat dealer 3 miles from my house, but I have not had good lick with them. I buy all my gear, etc. there, but not a sled! Now the place I bought my sled at has been great to me. I am just waiting for them to call me with the pull cord fix. Other than that, I will go back and would recogmend them to anybody! Bottom line here, go to the dealer that treats you right, but 700 miles is outragious!

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's way to far man! That is where I bought my F7 Sno-Pro -and yes it was a fantastic deal ($7400 out the door, pre-paid in full in July). It still is not worth driving that far though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A Crazy Firecat Stunts Picture section...sounds like the beginning of a new TV Show... "Jackass on Snow" ggg.

That would be cool... I would try to contribute!!

KJ

(We need to make sure there are no liability issues for Rob! People were sueing jackass after being hurt trying to get on the show... So maybe this isn't such a good idea...ggg.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts