Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if the 500SS sleds have DPM or not. If anyone has any links to more info on the 500SS engine setup it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...Prowler

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
oh wow, I wasn't even aware they didn't have DPM

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by sparks@Oct 13 2005, 07:38 PM
It doesn't need it, it will get 15mpg all day long.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927995
[/quote]
My concern was not mileage related. I am wondering how it will run in a -30 to +40 temperature range and from 1000' to 4000' altitude range. Will the 500SS require carb jetting and/or needle clip adjustments. If so, are they easy to do on these sleds?

Has anyone setup a 500SS with either a Tempa-Flow or ATTAC type of carb pressure management system?

Thanks for the info. Prowler

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Tempa Flow does not comp for altitude.

ATACC : (Automatic Temperature and Altitude Carburetor Compensator)

I set the Tempa on my last sled 2002 Polaris 600. Easy install, worked as advertised.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by sparks@Oct 14 2005, 06:53 PM
Tempa Flow does not comp for altitude.

ATACC : (Automatic Temperature and Altitude Carburetor Compensator)

I set the Tempa on my last sled 2002 Polaris 600. Easy install, worked as advertised.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930224
[/quote]
I agree the ATTAC is all automatic, but I thought I read that the tempa flow has a manual altitude adjustment setting on it.

Anyone used either on a 500SS? Thanks...Prowler

·
Registered
623 Posts
I got a tempa flow. haven't put it in yet. they sent me the atacc by mistake. wheni talked to them dude said the atacc is really for big mountain riding out west. I told him i ride mostly sea level to 3000 feet. he said don't bother with the atacc.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by skid Jackson@Oct 17 2005, 09:42 PM
I got a tempa flow. haven't put it in yet. they sent me the atacc by mistake. wheni talked to them dude said the atacc is really for big mountain riding out west. I told him i ride mostly sea level to 3000 feet. he said don't bother with the atacc.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936371
[/quote]
Thanks Man :div20: Prowler

1 - 11 of 11 Posts