Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard the 07 F*'s have the ECU recall. but is it only the 07's or does it include the 08's? i called the dealer he didnt seem to know anything about any 08 recalls. i keep reading about the "backfiring" problems that seems to be fixed by the ECU reflash. my 08 f8 sp backfires. if i let her idle down a little it won't, but if not watch out and it scares the crap out of you. How are you guys hearing about recalls, do you get a letter from Arctic Cat or is it by word of mouth? thanks, i am just wondering if this sled should be taken in. thanks

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
A limited number of 08 F8's have a recall to replace the ecu, the sleds with the bad ecu flash code 21 for no reason. You are supposed to let the sled idle down before you shut it off, or it will backfire.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is meant by letting it idle down? is that a matter of a minute or just a few seconds. like if i pull up to a gas pump, how long are you letting it run till you kill it? thanks, it was embarassing rolling up on a sweet sled that "KABOOM" the whole place jumped. thanks_ how do you know if my f8 is recalled, i did get the flasing ECU 21 flashing, but i read on here shut it down, then it goes away. thanks

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,336 Posts
what is meant by letting it idle down? is that a matter of a minute or just a few seconds. like if i pull up to a gas pump, how long are you letting it run till you kill it? thanks, it was embarassing rolling up on a sweet sled that "KABOOM" the whole place jumped. thanks_ how do you know if my f8 is recalled, i did get the flasing ECU 21 flashing, but i read on here shut it down, then it goes away. thanks[/b]
This is the way mine acts after WOT high idle 32-3300 rpm when first stoped.
About 10 seconds later 25-2600 rpm, finally settling down to 1850 ish after
another 10 seconds It takes about 20+ seconds to come to a complete idle.
If I run slower rpm's it seems to idle down quicker, wait for it to idle down.
The reason for the high idle is to use up unburned fuel to reduce backfire.
If your vin # between 4uf08snw98t111005 through 4uf08snw98t116379 you will get a new ecu.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
This is the way mine acts after WOT high idle 32-3300 rpm when first stoped.
About 10 seconds later 25-2600 rpm, finally settling down to 1850 ish after
another 10 seconds It takes about 20+ seconds to come to a complete idle.
If I run slower rpm's it seems to idle down quicker, wait for it to idle down.
The reason for the high idle is to use up unburned fuel to reduce backfire.
If your vin # between 4uf08snw98t111005 through 4uf08snw98t116379 you will get a new ecu.[/b]
If you hit the last 6 digits you get the new ECU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts