Hardcore Sledder banner

Do you ride with your finger on the brake?

• Yes, and my finger gets cold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and my finger is not cold

• No

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I ride with either my index or middle finger on the brake,always.I try to alternate them,but usually still get cold.Maybe there's a market for heated brake levers?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in an engineering project in school. This was one of the ideas I had... I was just looking to see if I was the only one to get a cold finger. Currently, I am pretty sure there are no heated brake levers on the market... So far it looks like this might be a decent idea. Tomorrow I will have a 6-8 question survey (part of the project). Hopefully you guys can help my out with it. Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes I do, I MX race and Road race so it's a fall back from both my MX and road racing... and at time it does get cold....

The poor firecat barely has enough juice to run the handwarmers and heated sheild. [/QUOTE]

Dude get a MX helmet

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by thad@Jan 28 2003, 09:13 PM
Dude get a MX helmet
I have one and it doesn't cut it at 80mph and -20F.
(or even 60mph and 0F for hours on end)

You don't see many MX helmets in Quebec in January. Especially THIS january! B)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I ride with all 4 fingers on the brake lever. My hands dont normally get cold. If they do, i put them on the bar. Lol. 4 weeks ago i was riding in houton with no gloves for over 100 miles and the hand warmers on low and the thumb off.

·
Registered
84 Posts
rob ,I have one and it doesn't cut it at 80mph and -20F.
(or even 60mph and 0F for hours on end)

LOL ...dude I live in Alaska :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
i been thinkin about a heatin brake lever also, but i barly need it unless its really cold...

i rode wit my mx helmet this weekend and it flew off my head goin 100+ the strap slammed my nose and lost my glasses...its fine for my quad that barly does 60-65, i couldn't see myself wering one all the time on sled

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
i ride with my index finger on the brake lever most of the time. the brakes work well even with one finger. however my hands have never got cold while riding even when it was -10 below. when it was that cold i swore my hand warmers werent working lol. i kept taking my gloves off and feeling them and they were cold.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One finger on the brake at all times. It's an old mx/ roadracing habit for me also. It gives me an all around safer feeling.I havn't had a problem with the cold either. B)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by arcticrider600@Jan 29 2003, 08:17 AM
i been thinkin about a heatin brake lever also, but i barly need it unless its really cold...

i rode wit my mx helmet this weekend and it flew off my head goin 100+ the strap slammed my nose and lost my glasses...its fine for my quad that barly does 60-65, i couldn't see myself wering one all the time on sled
:( Know whatcha mean...mine didn't fly off, but damn near choked myself.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The only reason I dont wear a mx helmet is because of the amount of air getting trapped in the helmet at high speed.I wish I could ,the heated sheild is a pain in the ass sometimes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by arcticf7+Jan 29 2003, 10:58 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-arcticrider600
@Jan 29 2003, 08:17 AM

:( Know whatcha mean...mine didn't fly off, but damn near choked myself.[/b]
:blink: I don't understand how this could happen , unless you don't have the chin strap on properly. The full face MX helmut is all I've ever worn, it offers by far the best visibilty. ;) As far as being cold, cleeva and no fog mask take care of that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts