Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
I noticed their website bladesnowmobiles.com doesn't work any more, but the Teamfast.com website is still up, but without sleds ????

·
Registered
163 Posts
here's an email that I got back from David Karpik from Blade. I asked him if there was any new info on blade, if they still were being produced, and info on online, here's what he had to say:

The website has fallen behind times and models specifications.

Yes, you are correct that many changes have transpired in recent years. If we think about for a minute... we can easily deduce what dictated these changes from the Big-4... that is BLADE... which introduced in 1998 and you didn't see anything new from them some four, five and six years later... The Big-4 have done a marvelous job in marketing their designs as if these were new innovations. As example.. rider forward or rider leg inclination... BLADE was already significantly changing rider positioning though we never spoke about it because the press already was cuing up on its height or rather perception of height. In 1998, regardless of the height we had the lowest Cg, lowest moment of inertia, l;ongest measurable travel, and lightest weight in the industry- still do. This technology and innovation all comes at a cost and you can recognize this now in pricing a new Big-4 performance snowmobile. In 1998 we were three times as expensive, now there's only about a 1.5 times factor. When its all said and done. There is still no match for the BLADE and the more change that happens the more the others even look like a BLADE.

As for the 2007 BLADEs- they were to come with 800 VES Liberty engine. But due to production schedules/needs Liberty made some election that affected our orders. We ended up changing to their fuel injected 700 Liberty twins. The performance is at par to slightly better than the 800's and the package is smaller and lighter. We're pleased with this engine change but its taking some time to acquire all the components to complete this years production.

Thanks for your interest. Please stay in touch.

Regards,
David Karpik'
Director
BLADE MOTORSPORTS Group, Inc.

When I read this i emailed him back about the 700 cfi motor in the blade, thats sweet - i'm waiting for a response to that email, but I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Rode one a couple weeks ago. it is really sweet and tons of power

·
Registered
525 Posts
This is all very interesting. I have had an Outlaw ordered AND paid for since August 13, 2002. David has promised me delivery on the 5th anniversary, which will be August 13, 2007. Time will tell...

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
This is all very interesting. I have had an Outlaw ordered AND paid for since August 13, 2002. David has promised me delivery on the 5th anniversary, which will be August 13, 2007. Time will tell...[/b]
Maybe your better off waiting till they get the bugs out,02 the stockholders were in charge(not the karpic bros) and there was product pushed out the door before it was was ready.the m-16 in my hpo was an example of that,much better now but got to pay to be a r&d test pilot.I dont imagine blade has the resources to carry out yearlong testing up where there is snow and with the low snow of the last few years 6 to 8 weeks of snow doesnt provide much time.It seems that when I contact blade when there is snow I am told they are out testing.Waiting for air-link for my m-16,but its not right for release yet,so I dont mind waiting.I have RUMORS that the outlaw v twin wasnt holding up under the demands of constant high rpm use,and it handled poorly.I dont know if this was fact or fiction.Looks like a very cold sled and as cool as it looks I think You would be much happier with a new stryker or 1wx with an air-link and the 700fi.Have 1 blade and am in process of buying another,you wouldnt be disappointed with the 2 stroke model,why take a chance with something that has the appearance of not riding to blade standards.Rode all the new sleds at sno-deo and there are some that handle damn close but didnt ride a one that could ride over 3' washboard like the blade.If you have to ride weekends its the best trail machine there is.The chasis hold up very well,thit is a sled that can hold up without folding up.Used to play out a chasis in a season,now I just rebuild the shocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would like to know how you got in touch with david karpik. i need to ask him a few things about my blade hylander if someone could give me his email or any way of contacting i would really appreciate it as i can not find anything thanks !

·
Registered
141 Posts
Call Dave @ 218 744 2101 Catching Him in the Office is Really Hard But Have Lots of Patiance and Keep Trying. The Girls in the Office Can Usually Tell You If He is Around. They Finally Got a Little Snow Up There So He is Riding. If You Ask Your Question on Here I Bet Several of the Other Blade Owners Would Help You With What You Need

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is all very interesting. I have had an Outlaw ordered AND paid for since August 13, 2002. David has promised me delivery on the 5th anniversary, which will be August 13, 2007. Time will tell...

Saw this old post and I just have to ask..... So after those 5 years of waiting, did you ever get your sled you paid for and waited for all those years? If so, was it worth the 5 years? If not, what happened?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts