Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
26,151 Posts
Sounds like the guy who cliffdropped his Dragon and had a cracked bulkhead. Then bitched that Polaris wouldnt fix it under warantee.

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
Hard to say one way or another without seeing photos. In my experiences with Cat, they have always fixed any problems that we have had with no excuses. And we have had only a few problems in 10 years and about 15 new Cats.
Mrs red

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Sounds like the guy who cliffdropped his Dragon and had a cracked bulkhead. Then bitched that Polaris wouldnt fix it under warantee.[/b]
I'm not so sure.

My old cat seemed to have a thinner, weaker chassis than any of my other snowmobiles of the same age.
My mechanic buddy told me of all the mfrs, cats seem to fall apart faster than the others.
Rivets falling out, tunnels bending etc.
In the race to make it lighter and cheaper, sometimes the mfr's compromise on strength.
I still liked my cat.

I like the post where the guy compared the new ones to the Chinese pocket bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Hard to say one way or another without seeing photos. In my experiences with Cat, they have always fixed any problems that we have had with no excuses. And we have had only a few problems in 10 years and about 15 new Cats.
Mrs red[/b]
no excuesses? yea just like the way i took the ss shocks on my 02 t-cat up the tailpipe. blew out four sets in the first 1,000 miles. great design there. wouldn't even set it up with fox rebuildable ones, that cost them half what the ss's were.
pretty soured after that one.

on the other hand, they did overnight a complete engine for my 2000 t-cat. that the oil line pinched and pulled off at 300 miles. only after the "HACKS AT METRO POWERSPORTS OF CANTON, MICHIGAN" butchered a set of pistions in, and fried them right out.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Tell them to fix for free or give you a new sled. If they don't get a lawyer and sue them. I had to do this back in 98 against ski doo. They settled out of court. Not sure about your state, but in michigan sleds are covered under the lemon law.

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
no excuesses? yea just like the way i took the ss shocks on my 02 t-cat up the tailpipe. blew out four sets in the first 1,000 miles. great design there. wouldn't even set it up with fox rebuildable ones, that cost them half what the ss's were.
on the other hand, they did overnight a complete engine for my 2000 t-cat. that the oil line pinched and pulled off at 300 miles. only after the "HACKS AT METRO POWERSPORTS OF CANTON, MICHIGAN" butchered a set of pistions in, and fried them right out.[/b]
I had a sled with the SS shocks and I had 3,000 miles on it, and 0 problems. I don't know why you had so many problems, and I had none. I don't baby my sleds, either.
Mrs red

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
That sucks, but I had many problem with my F7 that Cat covered...even a couple things after my 1-year warranty was up (althought it was only a month or so later) -- they paid parts, I paid labor. I would see if a different dealer can do something for you...worth a shot.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I had a sled with the SS shocks and I had 3,000 miles on it, and 0 problems. I don't know why you had so many problems, and I had none. I don't baby my sleds, either.
Mrs red[/b]
This isn't necessarily directed at you Mrs. Red, just that you were the last to state so...

But I wonder how hard some people ride??? Many people on this site state they ride hard and zero problems, but a hard ride to some could be a cruise for others. I find I ride pretty hard, but I've been with people who put me to shame.

And, some of these people put on 300 miles a year...I've put more than that on in a day!

You'd think Cat should at least look at the sled before saying no, especially if the dealer thought it was worth the call, IMO.

·
Registered
976 Posts
on the other hand, they did overnight a complete engine for my 2000 t-cat. that the oil line pinched and pulled off at 300 miles. only after the "HACKS AT METRO POWERSPORTS OF CANTON, MICHIGAN" butchered a set of pistions in, and fried them right out.[/b]
I've bought some bikes there before, but have heard some bad stories. The place I trust for cat stuff is "Bob's Arctic Cat" near Milan, they are pretty honest folks, and will go the extra mile for the customer.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Sounds like the guy who cliffdropped his Dragon and had a cracked bulkhead. Then bitched that Polaris wouldnt fix it under warantee.[/b]
If you actually took the time to read that entire thread you would know that another person with a Dragon had a crack in his bulk head as well and he does not "cliff jump". A coincidence...I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
my dealer said he had to be doing sno-x with it, arctic-cat sent out letter to the dealers about crossfire tunnels. something they should not bend or crack unless you are doing and there were a list of things

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am still waiting for the pictures. I have ridden my 98 Cougar hard occasionally (by my terms) and never had any problems. Now, I don't go jumping off bridges and out of airplanes with it, either. I jumped it only once and that was last winter. Jumped over a snow plowed mound in a tavern lot. Got about 4-5 feet of air. I tend to not believe his story. As do most of you guys out here.
Whatever.

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
I am still waiting for the pictures. I have ridden my 98 Cougar hard occasionally (by my terms) and never had any problems. Now, I don't go jumping off bridges and out of airplanes with it, either. I jumped it only once and that was last winter. Jumped over a snow plowed mound in a tavern lot. Got about 4-5 feet of air. I tend to not believe his story. As do most of you guys out here.
Whatever.[/b]
i agree, damn about time

·
Premium Member
5,136 Posts
They must have changed something, I sno-checked my Mountain Cat and was told it was not built for trail riding, its a 2 piece tunnel and believe me it gets run thru the moguls as hard as my group's ZR9s and i've been way too far off the ground at times. I did have an issue with the connecting rivets under the seat, but I just added an alum. plate and its as solid as ever. If it is a factory defect they should cover it, but as usual it comes down to your dealer, if you have a good one, it gets fixed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts