Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I'm not sure what to think about the new F's.
I have an F5 with the team arctic graphics sitting in a garage just waiting
to put a smile on me sons face x-mas morning. Do I cry now or later when
all the problems start to pop up. I'm reading way toooooo many horror stories about all kinds of kinks with these machines. I'm a long time Cat lover
and I ride a ZR600 and my wife a Z440. Never a wrench put to them. But
now I be a bit scared with all the complaints. Hope his smile doesn't become a frown.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Get it to the dealer with a list of stuff that needs to be check out. Get it checked out and your son will smile all season.

SWEET PRESENT!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
We took our F7 to the dealer last week and they went over it top to bottom for us. No problems at all except for the pull cord, which they fixed. Now we just need some snow. . .

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would check it out but if he is just going to be trail riding it I doubt you will have a problem. Once you take it for a spin I bet you will be trying to get him to trade sleds. After one ride I could never go back to my old ZR.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by zbar@Dec 16 2002, 02:42 PM
I'm a long time Cat lover
and I ride a ZR600 and my wife a Z440. Never a wrench put to them.
I'm a long time cat owner too, but I've turned wrenches more than I want to admit. My ZR600 (98) was probably the worst pain in the ass I had for motor trouble. Still, lots of guys were having lots of fun on theirs. I think somebody said it before..."all snowmobiles are pieces of shit." There WILL be bad sleds, and there WILL be great sleds. I wouldn't worry about it until you need to, or else you'll ruin your Christmas and his. Hit the snow and have fun. If something breaks, it's fixed for free. (by the way, pops, your kid's F5 is going to kick your ZR's ass!) :p

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If his F beats my 2001 ZR then he can keep it, I'll buy my own!
Pops...I'll give ya Pops. lmao

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I wrote down a list of things to check from the steering hitting the head to the air in the oil line, the possible kinked hose in the fuel pump etc on my F7 and spent some time in the garage checking all of these things over. If you do not have the time to do it, like previously stated I would put together a list and take to the dealer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info and the support guys. I know he'll love the sled. It's killin him now cause we have like 10 - 14 in. of snow and he's ridin his mom's sled till Santa comes. Worth the wait!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Put 150 miles on it and it will really kisk your a$$. After 100-120 miles I noticed that my little f5 came to life. I was very impressed with 0 miles and premix and now wow.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by zbar@Dec 16 2002, 02:42 PM
Well guys, I'm not sure what to think about the new F's.
I have an F5 with the team arctic graphics sitting in a garage just waiting
to put a smile on me sons face x-mas morning. Do I cry now or later when
all the problems start to pop up. I'm reading way toooooo many horror stories about all kinds of kinks with these machines. I'm a long time Cat lover
and I ride a ZR600 and my wife a Z440. Never a wrench put to them. But
now I be a bit scared with all the complaints. Hope his smile doesn't become a frown.
Can you be my uncle? Man o Man, you will make someone happy on Christmas Morning.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Right on Nick --- I'm up for adoption, too... Is 30 yrs old too old to adopt ?? :wacko:

Seriously, First off: Most of these problems are pertaining to F7's so your a step ahead on that one. I would just take an hour and go over the sled thoroughly, and if ANYTHINGS not QUITE RIGHT - DEALER TIME

Second, F5 is gonna SMOKE a ZR600. I also have a XC700 and F5-snopro & I had a little Drag Race a couple weeks ago, and DAMN...... THEY ARE FAST. I can smoke him on the F7 though :D :D :D :D :D Get yourself an F7 - your GONNA NEED IT.

Hey, SANTA is doing allright this year. He should LOVE IT :wub:

·
Registered
119 Posts
hey guys, the dealer already took care of all the problems (pull cord, coolant leak, gas leak) when my f-5 kicks his ass, he said he will be goin to get the zr 900. and as far as adoption... sorry every1, i dont want any brothers or sisters :blink:

·
Registered
269 Posts
My girlfriend bought me another firecat for christmas too. I just can't remeber what the scale was(1:16 OR 1:18) HAHA LOL.

Red Canadian Firecat just like mine. :D :D :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
I will tell you i talk to every firecat rider on the trail and i am still waiting to hear some thing besides a couple set-up issues. It's about 50 people and no real problems. Another thing its acouple people who have major problems and they make alot of noise but there are many more out there that will tell you its the best sled they have ever been on. so don't worry and have fun its a great sled.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts