Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so how hard is it i haven't done it yet but i know that my 97 Formula SL is a son a b*$ch to get back in. Thank for any help.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
NO need to drop the skid to tighten the limiter strap.Just remember the holes are on the topside of the arm under the washer.Do one side at a time and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
When I removed mine I put the front bolts in first,then slightly compressed the front arm with a ratchet strap and slid the rear of the skid into place and put the rear bolts in.The front of the skid is not bolted like the old ones were.The front has a nut and bolt setup.You have to put a wrench on the inside of the tunnel to remove those bolts.The rear is a conventional solid shaft that both bolts thread into.I found both front bushings to be dry on mine,if you drop the skid remember to grease these!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Also, if you drop the skid, RedF5SP also recogmends to replace your hyfaxes too. Much easier that way!

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is what works for me, I lift the back of the sled off the ground while the front skis are still on the ground, I like to get it about 2-1/2 to 3 ft up, (forgot to say that I take the bolts out first) that will give you plenty of room to take suspension out. Its about a 10 minute job taking it out. very easy to adjust the straps with suspension out. I am forced to take mine out because I HAVE IT SUCKED DOWN getting it in is almost a two person job. If you are having trouble getting the back suspension bolts in, a trick that works is to use a BIG over sized screw driver to wedge between the coupler block and the scissors with one guy prying the other can put in the bolt. A strap that has a rachet on it works good to lift it up, I throw one end over a rafter . cherry picker would be great. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
198 Posts
Make a rear spring tool like Cat sells to release the rear springs off the adjusters and taking out the suspension is a snap. Flip off the rear springs, take out the rear bolts, take out the front bolts, and slide it out. Reverse the procedure to replace. With the rear spring released, the rear bolts are easily lined up. The tool is easy to make if you have access to a torch and welder.

·
Registered
44 Posts
When I put my suspension in it went very easy did it by my self. I used a hoist on the rear bumper, raise the sled up enough to get the suspension in the track lower the hoist until the front bolts line up. Start the front bolts then lower the hoist until the rear holes line up then put them in an tighten all bolts up. Was very easy under 10 min.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Install the front bolts first. Then take a ratchet strap and route is behind the lower bracket / portion of the scissor (the part that comes up against your coupler blocks) and hook into a hole on the rails in each side. Ratchet the suspension down until your rear holes line up. This makes it very easy for one person to put the suspension back in and it does not take a lot of force to compress the suspension when you pull against the rear arm.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
You don't need to pull the skid out. Just take the limiter strap completely off. Tighten it to the hole you want. Then you will need someone to sit on the sled to compress the front arm and the bottom will slip right together. No need to pull the skid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts