Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. Spring ordered a team 5 from local dealer last year. List of problems... besides the update (no biggie). Coolant line on pto side chaffed through, 250 miles. Replaced it myself after being towed 15 miles to nearest main road. (no biggie) Screw fell out of carb that holds the enrichment valves (choke) in place. Would take 10 pulls to start. Dealer put new screw in. Now the fork that actuates enrinchment valve was staying in the up position. I removed the carbs and counter sunk a new hole so the fork would release. 300 miles. Bolt holding right limiter strap fell out, 450 miles. Replaced that myself. (no biggie) Servo motor quit working, no exhaust valves. No power. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. Was an intermintant problem. (I will agree very tough to diagnose) I was on a trip in the county that time. Not very fun running railroad beds @70mph wot. Came home early from that trip. 600 miles. Brought back to the dealer. Dealer put new EGT sensor,CDI box and adjusted power valve cables. Put 300 miles on the sled without a hitch. Coolant line on other carb blew a hole through itself just before i left on another trip. Replaced that myself. Went away and again came home early. Again,servo motor problems, no exhaust valves. Left a day early on that trip. Looks like chain case oil is leaking out of the backside of chaincase. This has to be the worst winter that ive had snowmobiling. I have 1200 miles and very little has been enjoyable. I called the dealer this Sat after he closed and left a message. I'm not sure how much more i can take. I ride for 200-300 miles and it has to go back to the shop. What should i do? :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by GF7PE@Mar 2 2003, 09:39 PM
tell the dealer you want a decent trade on an 04
I tried trading with him for the f6 he had but he said that it was a display and couldnt sell it. I think im going to take it in the ass if i try to trade with him because he knows everything that is and was wrong with it. I really dont want to pass my problems on to someone else.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
he should help you out. either way he has to fix the sled. If he wants to keep your business he will do whats right. As far as selling it, you know its going to come back and haunt you so it shouldn be an option

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by F-7 TUNER@Mar 2 2003, 09:53 PM
The dealer CAN sell the F 6...Just doesn't want to trade to you for some reason,
but thats his right .
I was thinking the same thing. I have not been a dick to him either. So far ive been very patient but enough is enough.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by GF7PE@Mar 2 2003, 09:56 PM
he should help you out. either way he has to fix the sled. If he wants to keep your business he will do whats right. As far as selling it, you know its going to come back and haunt you so it shouldn be an option
No, i won't dump my problems on someone else. We'll see what he has to say tomorrow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by F-7 TUNER@Mar 2 2003, 09:53 PM
The dealer CAN sell the F 6...Just doesn't want to trade to you for some reason,
but thats his right .
I guess i could say that i am a pain in the ass but its only because i have had so many problems. I've fixed a lot of little things myself. I never once have raised my voice or demanded that my sled needed to be fixed right away. I deal with customers everyday and know how to communicate the right way.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Dealers won't take the 03's knowing all the problems they have. (Never be able to sell them)
Truth be told they are a throw away sled, because there are not that many suckers born that will buy an 03 Firecat.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Jamie@Mar 2 2003, 10:30 PM
Dealers won't take the 03's knowing all the problems they have. (Never be able to sell them)
Truth be told they are a throw away sled, because there are not that many suckers born that will buy an 03 Firecat.
I think im screwed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts