Hardcore Sledder banner

Do any of you run de-icer in your gas?

3811 Views 46 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Bontz
When running de-icer (HEET, ISO-HEET, ISOPROPYL, etc), what do you guys do with your ethanol switch ... leave it on "regular" if you're running regular gas? Or does your gas become more or less "ethanol" gas which requires the switch to run in ethanol mode? I'm just curious because I've run ISO-HEET in my efi's for years and have never run it in "ethanol" mode. Wondering if I should be doing something different? :huh:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,134 Posts
Leave the switch in regular. The amount of iso that you are adding is negligible. If you were dumping a quart of the stuff in it would be a different story. But a half bottle in 12 gal is nothing to worry about.

· Registered
6,134 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Dec 16 2002, 04:31 PM
As long as it contains isopropyl you will not have a problem!!!!DONT USE HEET-it contains methanyl-will lean out your motor just like ethanyl in gas-to much of ethanyl or methanyl in gas on very cold day,say goodbye to your pistons-in your car its a whole different ballgame(4 stroke) but in a sled(2 stroke)sorry just avoid it-Doesnt heet have a warning label saying dont use in two strokes????
Heet in the RED bottle contains iso and is safe for sleds. the label clearly says so. Heet in the YELLOW bottle is a no-no for two stroke engines.

· Registered
6,134 Posts
I know what you mean.. By the looks of it, us eastern guys are going to have to invite you midwesterners out for a ride this winter! What do you think, want to come east to ride next month?

· Registered
6,134 Posts
Originally posted by LabonteF7+Dec 16 2002, 05:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rob
@Dec 16 2002, 05:26 PM
I know what you mean.. By the looks of it, us eastern guys are going to have to invite you midwesterners out for a ride this winter!  What do you think, want to come east to ride next month?
PARTY AT ROB'S!!! :lol:[/b]
Just BYOB :p :D :lol: :blink: B)

· Registered
6,134 Posts
After new year's I'm totally open. Are you guys interested in Vermont or do you really want to see a trail system? As in Quebec :D B)

A couple years ago Terry (XCpilot) and some of his friends came east to Quebec from Alberta for a week's ride. I think they had a good time, eh? Terry, you reading this??

· Registered
6,134 Posts
Originally posted by bee1971@Dec 16 2002, 05:47 PM
Ive been using ISO-HEET for five years now-6 new sleds for the wife and me-zero problems-here in wisconsin one day it could be 50 degrees the next -10-ive trailered to michigan numerous times,always start the sleds before i leave,get to the motel,wake up the next day to go sledding and guess what,the damn thing wont start-im going to be honest when i say this,ive never and i mean never had a arctic cat break down on me-all ive owned is zr500s-now a f5(knocking on wood)now is water in the gas breaking down or stupidity-there is nothing more embarrasing then being 200 miles from home and using your wifes hair dryer in the parking lot trying to unfreeze a frozen fuel line-happened twice to me(shouldnt all hotels have heated garages!!!)on carb zr500s-i use iso-heet just about all the time now-zero problems!!!!!!!!!!!
Hot water works good also :lol:
Last year my buddy Brian had his fuel pump on his new Viper freeze up every morning while we were in the Mont Valin for xmas week. Too cold for a hair dryer...So We took a tea kettle full of hot water and dumped it over the fuel pump and lines to unthaw it. Worked great, but we had to make the lunch stops fast so's it wouldn't freeze back up :D :eek: :lol:

· Registered
6,134 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Dec 16 2002, 05:50 PM
I thinking we should really do some thing like that. It would be cool.

ROB if you acctualy would want us Midwest people to head out there start a post on it.

If you want to do it I would love to come out.

RIDE ANYWHERE I CAN.
I think if the current weather patterns hold this idea may really turn into reality. But things can change.. who knows by next month you guys might have snow and we have mud.. Lets wait a bit and see what happens. But I certainly would be game to show you guys around Quebec. Be fun for me too! Keep thinking and talking about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.