Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dept nat resources everywhere in valley sat jan 5 two of them blocking trail #2 sat am checking registration and trail passes. then early afternoon at railbed intersection where you turn to head for fox mountain. i always have my sled registered and buy a trail pass. was talking to some guys that dont travel in this area very often both of them received a $257.00 fine for no registration . make sure your sleds are registered and have a valid pass. dont know if this is going to go on all winter or just a one weekend thing to let people know you have to be legal

·
Registered
54 Posts
In addition, they were also giving allot of flack about not having your licence plate mounted on the sled, even though all paper is in order. I'll lose it if i put it on the flap, I'm not putting holes in my sled, I guess it will stay in the trunk.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
gman,

use industrial strength double sided tape(Walmart),no holes. Mount where ever you desire(I would pic somewhere other than the Flap). If you have to remove it,just heat with heat gun or hair dryer and slowly remove it. Works great!!! Tip of the Day.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
In addition, they were also giving allot of flack about not having your licence plate mounted on the sled, even though all paper is in order. I'll lose it if i put it on the flap, I'm not putting holes in my sled, I guess it will stay in the trunk.
Cheers[/b]

Mine won't be going on my sled either...Talked to a DNR guy last year and he had no problem with it being in your trunk as long as all the paper work was in order he said it was fine...Now that being said that was just one of the officers out on the trail....Some other officer might have a problem with it...Most tho are pretty good...

I guess you could always velcro it on your tunnel if you had to.....If head light covers can stay on a 100mph plus Im sure a license plate could as well and if you want to clean your sled up the plate will come off no problem...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I glued my plate to the tunnel using autobody seam sealer, no holes but it sticks real good-- almost too good. Just a thought. :m2c:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
3/8 stainless screws..not worth the headach with these guys...they should be out friday nights after the boozers...

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got hasseled in berwick about not having my plate mounted, he told me it was a 257 or sumthen fine, but then said i can mount it behind where my leg sits when i drive, this pisses me off beacuse i pay alot of money for trail passes, insurance, registration etc... and if the plate is mounted their no one will see it when i am driving anyways so why hassel me who is someone who is all legal and go after someone who is drunk or has no registration insurance etc..., whats the big deal, it pisses me off because i dont want a stupid plat on my sled, so i am gonna mount it up front on the belly pan half way down, and then they can kiss my a$$ when its all bent up

·
Registered
137 Posts
mount it on the snow flap with two pieces of 1/4x 1" x 6" that way your plate will move with the flap but will not break the plate into had mine like that for 5 years now still like new

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
they were qalso giving warnings and tickets to guys in the valley for wicked loud exhausts!

·
Registered
54 Posts
they was one today by Tatamagouche too but they just wave me by
thank god because all my paper work was at home and it was the first time on a trail in 5 years it was good going and my sled did not brake it was a good day

·
Registered
307 Posts
As long as 90% of us keep on snowmobiling like we always have been we will have no problem because
we are following the rules, the DNR will help keep the other 10% honest. They are just doing the job that they have been
asked to do. The way that you treat these guys when they check you on the trails might determine they way that
you are treated. :cop:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Myself I have know problem with the trail pass as it goes to good things but having to register and plate your sled is bull crap I do register my sled because were forced to, but its just all about the government ripping use off yet again $250 some dollar fine what a joke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts