Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While bombing home in the dark down the railbed towards Scotsburn I was surprised to come across the DNR (2 sleds) at a road crossing. After explaining to them that I was on a demo sled and the paperwork was 20 min behind me they were quite understanding. After talking to them further they told me they handed out quite a few tickets today for registration and stuff and when I asked them about the sled on the flatdeck with the flashing lights they simply stated DUI! So simply stated and not to be a preaching assshole this should be a lesson to everyone that these guys are outthere, everywhere, anytime. Calling then names like pricks and assholes will not change the facts that they are the law and they have the power. Now I'd be the last guy in the world to preach about this shit but based on the amount of stuff on tables at Big Als and the sorry state of the refuse at ours (and most) warming huts I think there may well be alot of sleds making the trip to the impound on the back of a flatdeck while the rider makes the trip to the local detachment in the back of a CrownVic. I may be half in the bag right now but it was 2 diet cokes at Big Al's and a water on the sled. Just my 2 cents, PlaySafe!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Couldn't agree more Weiner, we met at least 75 sleds that were heading west on the railline at about 5:30 Saturday. Quite a number of them only knew the centre of the trail.

Sled riding a flat deck and a ride in the back seat of a Crown Vic beats being DEAD, or worse by killing someone else.

I like a drink as much as the next guy, but not if keys are in my pocket.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I agree, all sleds are loaded guns when you have a drink in your hand, come on use your heads. on the legal sled stuff the trail passes look pretty cheap with a new fine in your pocket and a new trail pass on top of that !!!! get em legal and drive safe my two cents

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :flame:
I agree, all sleds are loaded guns when you have a drink in your hand, come on use your heads. on the legal sled stuff the trail passes look pretty cheap with a new fine in your pocket and a new trail pass on top of that !!!! get em legal and drive safe my two cents[/b]

·
Registered
54 Posts
they was a spot checks today by Tatamagouche 2 or 3 hours today but they just wave me by
thank god because all my paper work was at home and it was the first time on a trail in 5 years it was good going and my sled did not brake, it was a good day but why is it so much money to go ski-doo with all the crap money you have to pay so you can play I have 2 skidoos and 4 atvs it takes a lot of money to go play it is taking all the fun out of it well all most

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
While bombing home in the dark down the railbed towards Scotsburn I was surprised to come across the DNR (2 sleds) at a road crossing. After explaining to them that I was on a demo sled and the paperwork was 20 min behind me they were quite understanding. After talking to them further they told me they handed out quite a few tickets today for registration and stuff and when I asked them about the sled on the flatdeck with the flashing lights they simply stated DUI! So simply stated and not to be a preaching assshole this should be a lesson to everyone that these guys are outthere, everywhere, anytime. Calling then names like pricks and assholes will not change the facts that they are the law and they have the power. Now I'd be the last guy in the world to preach about this shit but based on the amount of stuff on tables at Big Als and the sorry state of the refuse at ours (and most) warming huts I think there may well be alot of sleds making the trip to the impound on the back of a flatdeck while the rider makes the trip to the local detachment in the back of a CrownVic. I may be half in the bag right now but it was 2 diet cokes at Big Al's and a water on the sled. Just my 2 cents, PlaySafe!![/b]
I agree no room for drunks on the trail...but it seems like these guys had a profitable day and past dinner time...better have paper work in order next run...trail pass etc etc...they won't be so understanding next time..bahahahaha

·
Registered
290 Posts
:i_need_snow: I was out and did 220 mile friday and saturday once on rail bed from Oxford to 262 meet 64 sleds
and all day people I meet were very courteous for a pile of selds out :m2c:

·
Registered
474 Posts
True, but 100% of the fine money goes to the OHV Fund and eventually to Trails development. :rockernana:[/b]
First and foremost, GREAT POST Weiner!!!!

True all finey money goes back to the OHV Fund. Most of the money in the OHV Fund goes to Trail work but some goes to education, OHV work shops and the etc. But it is all returned to use the users!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts