Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Lol. Back in the day. Almost nobody around here would stop for ck. Points. Literally . They had Indy trails. So running anybody down was not an option. So they got a thundercat as a “pursuit sled “ first time after somebody the driver put it in the trees totaled it and broke leg if I Remember correctly. That was the end of that. I did have a friend get caught once. Was on way to get gas when it happend .....he ran out of luck and gas. Lol

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
4:30 this afternoon ...a Sunday....intersecton of the NST and Margies rd....Forest Co. Sheriff sitting on a Doo watching the stop sign....I guess.

4 miles back me and the girlfriend were running 75 to 80 down the grade and she gets passed by some D bag who then turns off half a mile later at the bar trail spur...lmao. to serve and protect.
They can't begin to police anything but an easy and usually not worthwhile situation. I suspect that if I rolled that intersection, I'd have a ticket right now, yet 4 miles back 2 lives were in iminent danger due to the dbag who would have been suckin down his drink about the same time.
We is outlaws.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Passed a LEO standing on side of trail on a long wide fast straightaway about 6' off trail in knee high snow with no machine any where as if he were on foot in the middle of nowhere but the 3 of us going by all saw him standing there and he was indeed using the microphone on his jacket to some one up ahead however we did take next right as opposed to going straight but other than possible speed we were not breaking any laws. First time I ever seen them kinda hiding in cognito like that. Only law we seen out that Friday the 14th. Trying to give us a Valentine's special.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
4:30 this afternoon ...a Sunday....intersecton of the NST and Margies rd....Forest Co. Sheriff sitting on a Doo watching the stop sign....I guess.

4 miles back me and the girlfriend were running 75 to 80 down the grade and she gets passed by some D bag who then turns off half a mile later at the bar trail spur...lmao. to serve and protect.
They can't begin to police anything but an easy and usually not worthwhile situation. I suspect that if I rolled that intersection, I'd have a ticket right now, yet 4 miles back 2 lives were in iminent danger due to the dbag who would have been suckin down his drink about the same time.
We is outlaws.
My thoughts on this is the the DNR/sheriff is out there looking for the violations that piss off non-snowmobilers or the general public. Not stopping at stops signs and close calls with locals driving down the road is number one I'm my eyes. They likely don't care at all that someone passed you and in turn you got mad.

With that being said, my crew was stopped again this past weekend in Ashland County by the DNR. He was sitting on a stop sign in what seemed like the middle of no where. It was easy to see no traffic coming so we all sort of rolled the stop sign. Thankfully we were given warnings after he checked all of our sleds stickers.

My conclusion is that they are trying to be more visible in order for us sledders to tighten up are driving habits. In most cases i think you will see warnings unless you don't have registration or trail passes on your sled. Oh and don't have an shitty attitude.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Passed a LEO standing on side of trail on a long wide fast straightaway about 6' off trail in knee high snow with no machine any where as if he were on foot in the middle of nowhere but the 3 of us going by all saw him standing there and he was indeed using the microphone on his jacket to some one up ahead however we did take next right as opposed to going straight but other than possible speed we were not breaking any laws. First time I ever seen them kinda hiding in cognito like that. Only law we seen out that Friday the 14th. Trying to give us a Valentine's special.
where were you? i got hit with radar on denning road going towards barnes corners 2 years ago. standing in the woods, jumps out and points radar gun. lucky me , i was behaving

·
Registered
3,411 Posts

We is outlaws.
My thoughts on this is the the DNR/sheriff is out there looking for the violations that piss off non-snowmobilers or the general public. Not stopping at stops signs and close calls with locals driving down the road is number one I'm my eyes. They likely don't care at all that someone passed you and in turn you got mad.

With that being said, my crew was stopped again this past weekend in Ashland County by the DNR. He was sitting on a stop sign in what seemed like the middle of no where. It was easy to see no traffic coming so we all sort of rolled the stop sign. Thankfully we were given warnings after he checked all of our sleds stickers.

My conclusion is that they are trying to be more visible in order for us sledders to tighten up are driving habits. In most cases i think you will see warnings unless you don't have registration or trail passes on your sled. Oh and don't have an shitty attitude.
My guess is if they had to mop up the mess they might care a little.
It could be a topic on here
and then a piss ant like yourself would blabber about how that would never happen to you.

I'm not really mad about it either. Didn't even know it happened til we got back to the cabin. I saw headlights through the snow dust all the way home....if the guys bar turn off was a mile further I guess he would passed me at 90-100. All good in your book.
It's part of snowmobiling. My point is that they will hand out nonsense tickets for useless stop signs just so they can report back that the money they took from the trail funds was put to good use....even on a Sunday....at 4:30....lol

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
switchway: quote-"It could be a topic on here
and then a piss ant like yourself would blabber about how that would never happen to you".

Rules & warning:
Wisconsin This is a State discussion forum and a no bashing zone. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The trail "Ambasadors" do it all the time during ATV season on the cheese country trail...I had one literally jump out from behind a tree at noonish on a Tuesday with a radar gun...They are not police...I stopped...took my helmet of and let him bitch to me about doing 57 mph...I guess he didn't know my RAPTOR doesn't have a speedo...He let me go,but WTF...I put on well over 100 miles that day and NEVER saw another ATV... I guess if you give a DOUCH a little authority, it goes to their head...:lol:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Wide straightaway mid 60's state forest area. On foot with a radio no radar was noticed by us. Handheld battery operated IDK but was operating a microphone as we went by.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts