Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have seen this twice and was curious.
What do they drive? I saw a group stopped and one of the sleds had red lights under his running boards. Very bright and lit up the entire skid. I have seen this sled 2 times over a couple weeks sitting at the intersection of 3/5 and Hwy 77

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I was stopped by the warden in Bayfield county. His sled was in the back of the truck and he was just sitting on a stop sign. He told me he rides 1200-1500 miles a year for work. I was floored! 99% of the time I see these guys the sled is in the back of the truck. Heck, I’m lucky to get that many miles on in a year and I like to ride 100 miles/day.

The last two times I was stopped the sled was in the truck.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,637 Posts
Saw the one sitting in his truck in Butternut 3 weeks ago - they are out there!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It's going to be different everywhere, many times local dealer help out or donate. In my area I have seen them on Doo,s ,Yamaha, and Polaris. every time i have been pulled over it is by vehicle. DNR around here has them in back of trucks, and sheriff on trailer behind a Tahoe

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Got behind two last weekend. They were slow and let us pass. I don't recall their sled brand but they were meh.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've mostly seen them on Ski Doo, but on a recent WI surplus auction there were some Yamaha Vectors that were old DoNothingRight patrol sleds. And man alive were they beat pieces of shit. Rusted out, broken plastic, torn seat JUNK!!

Good to see our tax dollars at work. ???

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,525 Posts
I used to repair some of the local Sheriffs sleds, most were donated by dealers at no charge.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've mostly seen them on Ski Doo, but on a recent WI surplus auction there were some Yamaha Vectors that were old DoNothingRight patrol sleds. And man alive were they beat pieces of shit. Rusted out, broken plastic, torn seat JUNK!!

Good to see our tax dollars at work. ???

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Anytime i see them on a trailer it is a open trailer with no slush guard and the sleds are always uncovered. I highly doubt they get washed, salt probably makes them look like shit after one seaon

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Seen 2 DNR along with another officer up by Pub and Grub oh about a month ago. And Thursday talked to a local Bayfield Cty Sheriff on the sled and he was on a Cat with the Yamaha motor. 7000 I think. Had not seen him for 2 years and had alot to talk about. Nice guy>>>>>>>Do the things your supposed to do and you will be fine>>>>>

·
The Meat Man
15,702 Posts
I saw two of them this weekend at the Pickerel Lake Jump in.

Reactions: zecow224

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I also saw the 2 sitting on the wolf river grade near pickerel, on ski-doo 850's. Then there was the Oconto Cty rec officer sitting at surprise lake rd. in Townsend, its been more than a handful of times I have scared him coming over the bank. to get down to suprise lake. Also saw a DNR and a sheriff eating lunch at the chuckwagon in Spread Eagle last Saturday. Last year they were sitting by the abandoned farm right off of highway 8 just west of the trophy truck track in Crandon. The stop sign was covered by a snow bank and you couldnt see it at all. Our whole group got a lecture about stopping at stop signs. If we would have gotten a ticket I would have fought the hell out of it.

As stated before I normally see them with a pickup and a sled in the bed, no cover, waiting at a stop sign. All but one encounter has been pleasant, just dont be a dick and you will be alright.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
We have had them checking for trail passes the last several years. We came across them last Saturday in 3 dif. places in Hayward, Cable, Clam Lake area.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Only time I've ever ran into a warden on a sled was ice fishing. Had one wait for me at my truck hoping to bust me. But never on the actual trails.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
I also saw the 2 sitting on the wolf river grade near pickerel, on ski-doo 850's. Then there was the Oconto Cty rec officer sitting at surprise lake rd. in Townsend, its been more than a handful of times I have scared him coming over the bank. to get down to suprise lake. Also saw a DNR and a sheriff eating lunch at the chuckwagon in Spread Eagle last Saturday. Last year they were sitting by the abandoned farm right off of highway 8 just west of the trophy truck track in Crandon. The stop sign was covered by a snow bank and you couldnt see it at all. Our whole group got a lecture about stopping at stop signs. If we would have gotten a ticket I would have fought the hell out of it.

As stated before I normally see them with a pickup and a sled in the bed, no cover, waiting at a stop sign. All but one encounter has been pleasant, just dont be a dick and you will be alright.
Best chili in the Northwoods...:bc2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts