Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at the temperature, stay of the trails.

Just back from riding Bancroft area on Friday and Saturday. This morning was too wet, warm and foggy to ride the trails. Dont ruin the trails. It will only be a little while before its cold again. The trails should hold up against a few warm days but even late Saturday we were dragging rock in a few areas. Maple Leaf and Paudash keep up the good work , others could learn from your grooming practices.

Again, put them in the garage till it gets cold.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i agree. im gunna clean and grease my sled this week while its warm outside and sex her up a bit for when the cold and snow is back so we look sharp on the trails lol i was just doin the math of how many miles iv ridin between all three sleds and ive got about 400miles on my sled 150 on the old one and 50 on my dads which makes for 600 miles this early in the season thats fuckin amazing for me considering my total for last year was like 1000 miles and well be out again in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[attachment=410126:DSCN1963.JPG]

Early in the ride adjustments.

These trails were mint this past weekend, please stay off so we can enjoy them again in a week or so, added another 342 kloms this weekend, so far so good on the season

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hear ya Rick, the fusion is off the trailer and in the shop for some minor maintenance.

Lubracate the suspension, also lub the shaft bearing and change the chain case oil.

Then a wash down and wax so she looks pretty to go out and play again.

Hang in there.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
great pics Brent! I rode the whitney, madawaska, lk st. peter loop last weekend. did you run into the beaver dam on 175?

I came up on it and was going to run the 10feet of water but noticed something moving.. the little bugger had just chopped a tree down across the trail ahead and was making reno's to his den and the dam....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Finally got some k's in this year and it was an awesome day. We started Saturday morning from Stoney Lake and went up to the Pheasant in Apsley for a late breakfast. We stayed on E107 and hooked into the E trail over to Coe Hill for fuel, then down the rail trail E106 down to Marmora. Back up through Oak Lake and the south end of Kosh Lake and back over to Stoney. When we got home we decided we needed to get a few more k's in because we knew we wouldn't be riding on Sunday so we went back up E107 towards Apsley but cut onto the Haultain Trail. When I got the sled into the garage I looked at the odometer to see we ran 301 kilometers. I slept very well Saturday night. Hats off to everyone keeping these trails in such good shape and let's hope people stay off them this week.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
great pics Brent! I rode the whitney, madawaska, lk st. peter loop last weekend. did you run into the beaver dam on 175?

I came up on it and was going to run the 10feet of water but noticed something moving.. the little bugger had just chopped a tree down across the trail ahead and was making reno's to his den and the dam....[/b]

If I ran across it I did not even notice it. We took a short cut from out the back of the High Country Lodge across the lake so it may have been a little farther over from where we were.

We had a very good ride even ran into a moose on the trail over to Whitney by mink lake and one of the newly imported Elks on the 173.

Killer, those trails were the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts