Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I'm not sure I've seen snow go so fast, but this will be one of the biggest disasters in snowmobiling I've seen. With flood watches posted and 50 degree temps, I would say we will be starting over after this, which I can't believe.
Just goes to show how hard it is to get a "perfect" season. 2001 still was the best.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Ya its not good... at all. Its terrible.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If I see one more frigging weather person on TV with a big smile talking about how "nice" it's going to be, I'm 100% going to lose my shit. That is all...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I got mud season here, but 1 good thing I got 700+ in before the melt down.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Holy cow .. trails already screwed![/b]
It's amazing how you can have record snowfall in December...a whole month with copious amounts of the white gold...and it can get washed away over the course of four days.

·
Registered
308 Posts
:russian_roulette: Need to just vent. Snow just came off my roof and ripped my deck off. Already in litagation with insurance over summer storm damage, and now this. And I can't even get on the sled and burn off some steam. Need a good lawyer, and a :chillpill: I swear if I see one smiling skier, or snowshoer, I'll snap. The money forked out and the return are really starting to suck. I'd say I'd go to Alaska, but Hawaii would get the snow. Figures. :veryangry:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I can't believe how much melted overnight.

Had over 2 ft on lawn and now all that is left is the snow banks.

We are back to square one :-(

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Can only hope the ground stays frozen, so we dont have the problem of sinking groomers into the mud once it snows again.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Last year most of us didn’t even take our sleds out for the first time for another TWO WEEKS yet. My only concern is last year at least the ground was dry when it was warm. Now the ground is soaked with tons of open flowing springs and brooks that will be extremely difficult to re-dry out and freeze BEFORE forming a good base for future snow cover. This is a horrible situation to be in for the future of this winter. While its going to get colder this weekend, its not even REMOTELY cold enough to freeze all these waterbars up solid.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Right now my yard still has a lot of deep snow. The trails in woodford should still be mostly full of snow except for those thinner bare spots (corners, hills, etc). While not ridable (at least not if you're sane), there will still be a fairly good base on the trails when this is done... especially after it hardens this weekend with the colder temps. Once we get more snow, the trails will be fine. Water bars won't be an issue where they groom. The smaller trails (Whitingham/jacksonville/wilmington area) are going to suffer the most from this.

There should be enough of a base on most of the trails that the first 8-10" of fresh snow will put us right back on the trails.

I hope.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Jim,

I can only hope your right.

However, there are still two more days of WARMER temps to deal with AND upcoming rain before a cool down.

·
Registered
949 Posts
If we get the kind of rain that they're talking about on Friday, that'll do an awful number after these warm temps.

The trails survived the huge amounts of rain that ge got at Christmas time, but we didn't have 4 days of warm temps prior to the rain.

Yesterday it only got to 43 degrees at my house in Readsboro, and we did get back down below freezing overnight so the snow hardened back up. This morning when Albany was at 52 degrees, my house was still only 32. If the temps can stay cooler in the Readsboro/Woodford area through this warmup, and if we don't get a ton of rain on friday, the trails will rebound with the first snow.

Lot's of "if"s though. :(

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
64 at noontime,I had over 2' here sunday, now look, by the weekend it will be gone

1 - 20 of 49 Posts