Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 5 Hundo out for a rip. Been a while since I’ve uncorked this thing. Owned it about 25 years.Runs like a top. Rip open the happy handle and watch those KTM boys drool . Brand bashing happens on the dirt too!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Nice. I had an '89 500 with some simple mods, alot of suspension work. Loved doing third gear starts and trenching for fifty feet. Way more power than mortal like me could ever use, but crazy fun power. Never liked how she handled though.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I have owned about a dozen of these big bore two strokes, mostly KX 500's, but they were all super eliable long lasting bikes for me, with proper set up, they handled a lot better
had a few rides on some of the new one's (Both the service honda CR 500'AFs and there KX 500AF's, on aluminum modern frames, and they handle a LOT better, but price tags way too high for me anymore LOL
and I am too old for these big bores, minus a joy ride now and then, to justify there costs!
but if anyone ever gets a chance to ride one,
and like MX bikes, , I say get on and hang on
and you will be smiling a lot as you pick up speed !

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Back when I was dirt biking, a cr 500 was top of the "want to try" list. I never got the opportunity to.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a Hodaka 100cc SuperRat 47 years ago,, was that a "big bore" bike? LOL
My buddy had a combat wombat,I had a chaparral 80. Just like sledding, been in my blood since I was a little kid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts