Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any one here dirtbike now that snowmobiling is about a month and a half from being over i need some help on what dirtbike i should get. I have the powerlines right in back of my house!, and i was wondering what kind of dirtbike every one says not to get a 2-stroke for that type of riding so i was thinking a 250 4-stroke, or 300 4-stroke. any tips>

·
Registered
354 Posts
I roide motocross, but am getting a trailbike this year. I wud recommend an xr250. If you have the cash go with a Suzuki DRZ400, very nice bike. Both of these bikes are very bulletproof.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Check around with the motocrossers in your area(if your buying used).
Try to find a YZ250F(four stroke). These are awesome bikes, lots of torque, and contrary to popular belief, mx'ers don't wreck their bikes, most are maintained to a very high degree, they have to , to be competitive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys, start thinking about what kind of forums you'd like to see added for the summer.

Starting in april we all will be talking about where the site will be going in the future.
As always, majority rules :D :lol: B)

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you end up getting a 2 stroke get the kdx, it is a great trail bike (the best 2 stroke trail bike) I am in the same situation as you, w/ powerlines right behind my house. The power is great, and it is a lot lighter than a 4 stroke and if you like jumping its great. I had an xr 200 and the frame cracked from jumping it. Then I got the kdx an so far its been awesome! People say, oh dont get a two stroke they are terrible in the trails. But it pulls like a four w/ the snap of a 2 ;)

·
Registered
354 Posts
U will go through alot more parts on the yzf250. If you are going to ride trails, it is too wild. But yamaha does make a wr250f which is virtually the same wuth a heavyier flywheel to tame down the power, and headlight. I would highly recommend the xr400 or DRZ 400, trust me on this, these are both very good bikes. Kawasaki and Suzuki share models, so The DRZ400 and the KLX 400 are the same bike, all depends on which brand you want. I am sure u want lighting, so u dont want the yzf250. I am 15 and currently have a 2003 yz85(For Sale, Very nice bike) Ive raced for 4 years, and have been riding for 6. I know bikes top to bottom, and I am nw gettin a trail bike(xr250) and I know that race bikes are wild in the trails, not pleasant. I hope u take my opinion seriously. :D :D :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
Kawasaki KLX 400R (the green DRZ)
Stayin with Team Green Baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

·
Registered
861 Posts
Check out Thumpers.com
It's a good 4 stroke website, with all the brands represented.]
Hey Rob, I could get some pictures from there, and post them on our site.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kevin

·
Registered
354 Posts
Actually Kawasaki has very low market share, which is y they joined with suzuki. In my opinion kawasaki does not make very good bikes, and havent for years, the only reason the klx is good is because it is all suzuki, kawasaki has no part in the DRZ the KLX is made by suzuki, and kawasaki throws green plastic on and calls it a KLX.

S

·
0 Posts
I Have been riding for quite a while now 30 years. I presently have 3 bikes I think Honda has a pretty good line-up, That's what my kids ride I have a ttr250 that I kinda wished I never bought 2 motors in one year, never got to ride it, my mistake. Rob bikes & four wheelers would be a good topic.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes. The race oriented bikes require alot more oil changes and are more finicky to jetting changes, and ull get busted for no spark arrestor.

·
Registered
861 Posts
YZ,

I am aware that the KLX400r is a Suzuki with green plastic. As the Suzuki 250 is a Kawasaki with yellow plastic........................ain't it grand
B) B) B) B)

Kevin

·
Registered
354 Posts
I need to avoid this post, or else, sumone is gunna get me going. I dont even want to start with this kawasaki stuff. Solve all your problems and buy a honda.(Except for a CR. Horrible motors) But xr's are awesome :wub: . I am holding back the kawasaki bashing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts