Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and this may be very simple, however, I'm gonna ask it anyway. Learning little by little about my sled. Can someone give me directions on how to properly wire a heated helmet shield to my sled. I have all wiring as it was taken out of a previous sled. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
Yellow wire is considered the hot wire, brown is the ground.

Mount the controll unit wherever you like, find these 2 wires anyplace close, and tap in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just find two matching color wires, cut and splice? Sounds easy! As for mounting the plug, I'd like it just to the left side of the key switch in the console. There's a flat part of the cowling there.......how do I mount the plug? Drill the hole obviously, but how do I secure the plug? thanks for your patience !

·
Registered
527 Posts
So just find two matching color wires, cut and splice? Sounds easy! As for mounting the plug, I'd like it just to the left side of the key switch in the console. There's a flat part of the cowling there.......how do I mount the plug? Drill the hole obviously, but how do I secure the plug? thanks for your patience ![/b]

You should have an unused accessory plug in the same area as you mentioned behind the key switch.
If so, you just have to crimp on connectors on and plug in.

Would have to see plug for advice on how to mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts