Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i failed mechanics 101, what is direct induction i read in snowgoer magazine that they feel ac will be introducing sleds with these motors.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Do you mean the direct drive system????Or airforce induction on hood????Help me im so confused!!!!!!!!!-scott

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Direct drive with direct injection-where in the hell do i sign??????Anybody want to buy two f5s cheap!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Direct Injection:

Just after the ports get covered by the piston a HIGH pressure injector squirts fuel directly into the compression chamber. Thus the is no possibility of fuel escaping out the exhaust. Problem is that you only have about 15 degrees of crank rotation to do this before the spark. so everthing has to be timed just right.

I can see it coming though. All outboard manufacturers are doing it at around 6500 rpm. And if the outboard can do it so should a sled engine.

·
Registered
580 Posts
A couple of years ago I posted this question to an engineer behind the FICHT injections system which Cat has licensed rights to. Direct injection will work on the higher reving snowmobile engines, you will get better fuel economy, less oil usage, and less pollution. Doo has a semi direct injection out this year and I see the others jumping to DI technology soon. It is a good alternative to 4 stroke engines for us sledders.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
they have ficht in jetskis, and they turn the same r's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts