Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know Arctic Cat's OFFICIAL specs on how much more HP their new Diamond Direct Drive will put to the track ??

Also, did the Secondary(Driven) clutch change in any way ?? or can the same compression tools be used ??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't wana quote on the track hp gains but the secondary is different, however I don't know which one cat went with because I haven't seen the production stuff but it should either be the same secondary (only 10in diameter) or a new encapsulated roller type (also 10in diameter).

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ouite often you lose a little with DD

·
Registered
182 Posts
The difference in efficiencies between a high-grade transmission chain drive and a gear drive is nil......there should not be any difference in track hp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You do get gains from the DD over a chain drive. By removing the chain you get rid of the resistance caused by accellerating the chain from a straight line motion(between gears) into a curved motion(around the gear) and so on. Believe it or not this robs you of power. A good analogy is using big wheel on the rear of your track, the larger the radius wheel the less force it takes to change the direction of the around the wheel. Now this gain in power may be negligible or not, we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
899 Posts
swear i saw a post saying track hp would increase from 74 to 90+. hmm now where is that post. oh well

·
Registered
949 Posts
Originally posted by BIGDOG@Feb 27 2003, 02:11 PM
swear i saw a post saying track hp would increase from 74 to 90+. hmm now where is that post. oh well
A stock ZR900 only puts 74hp to the track? That's pitiful. I never imagined a 50% drivetrain loss. :huh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts