Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
that kit is a f'in joke, gotta shut the motor off to engage the damn reverse recoil and switch on box!! :augen41: what a piece of shit, give me std reverse anytime :banghead:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Originally posted by C-NOTEPLUSf503@Sep 7 2005, 11:51 PM
that kit is a f'in joke, gotta shut the motor off to engage the damn reverse recoil and switch on box!! :augen41: what a piece of shit, give me std reverse anytime :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=865177
[/quote]

1st off if you own a cat with diamond drive you have no choice as of right now. Cat does not make and cannot make an electronic reverse as they do not have the rights to it. From what I understand Skidoo sold the rights to Polaris or something like that because of the lawsuit they had or something. Also, if you really think about it it is not all that much different then the electronic reverse from Ski Doo and Polaris. Both of them stall the motor out then restart it in reverse when the button is pushed. All that this kit adds, or makes you do is to manualy restart the motor instead of doing it at the push of a button. So you have to stop the sled... hit the kill switch.. switch the switch... start it again and your in reverse. If it was me and I owned a 2004 or 2005 ZR900 with diamond drive and I could either PULL my sled off the trailor or start it in reverse... I will take the reverse. Now yes it probably can be refined, but for now... send me 2 for my sleds. Oh wait... both my ZL and ZRT have manual reverse... LOL cancel that order for now untill I trade up to the ZR900 !!

·
Registered
320 Posts
How ya gonna re-start it in REVERSE? you hafta spin it backwards somehow...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Originally posted by furthur@Sep 9 2005, 03:20 AM
How ya gonna re-start it in REVERSE?  you hafta spin it backwards somehow...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866926
[/quote]

The kit comes with a special starter assembly that has a handle on it. So you pull the handle and then restart it and the starte recoil runs in reverse. Take a look at their website, it explains it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts