Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS RIDING IN DEEP SNOW THIS WEEKEND AND MY SPEDO WAS WORKING SOMETIMES AND NOT OTHERS. IT WOULD JUST DESPLAY 0 FOR 2 OR 3 MILES THEN START WORKING AGAIN. ANY IDEAS?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I had the same problem with my tach. The problem was that the wire wasn't making good contact where it went into the back of the gauge cluster-fixed it myself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ALREADY FLIPPED THE COIL THAT FIXED A DIFFERENT PROBLEM. I WILL TRY THE WIRE ON BACK OF THE GAUGE. THANKS

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine are flicking too...... hand varmers does not work, tumb varmer is not good...... ill chech my wiring too morrow.... i have done the 180-rotatinon

·
Registered
773 Posts
Check my post about the low voltage.If your handwarmers are not working I would check to see if your headlights & other electrics are working.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
take the speedo pickup/volt. reg..out..look and see if the magnet on the axle is wearing into the pickup.

·
Registered
127 Posts
This past weekend My speedo quit working then my warmers quit and finally the headlight went dim. Upon inspection when I got back from Michigan I noticed that the wiring harness above the coil must of rubbed against the aluminum and shorted out. Brought to dealer on Monday and he odered a new harness to install. Not sure if there was a sharp edge that caused the short or what.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts