Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 FC and am not sure if the brake lever is the same as other years or not, but it is too short for my liking. I often find myself reaching for the brake closer to the end of the bars when braking while turning. Does somebody sell a slightly longer brake lever possibly with a little bit of a hook to it to follow the bars. I don't want to put anything on that is too long either and possibly break my master cylinder due to extra force applied from increased length.

THANKS in advance for any info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Powermadd does not have a lever that will operate the dimmer switch. Only levers I have found are billet aluminum and that's gotta be COLD. Still looking if anyone has any suggestions.

THANKS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if the brake lever off of an '04 FC will fit an '05 FC? I'm thinking not, because I think the '05 was the first year that the brake lever controlled the dimmer switch, or am I mistaken?

THANKS

·
Registered
970 Posts
Does anyone know if the brake lever off of an '04 FC will fit an '05 FC? I'm thinking not, because I think the '05 was the first year that the brake lever controlled the dimmer switch, or am I mistaken?
THANKS[/b]
How odd... My un-modded '03 has the dimmer switch controlled by the brake lever.

Of course you're mistaking! =) We're all human..!

Take a look:
'03
'06

·
Registered
423 Posts
I too was NOT happy with the "SHORTY" lever and looked everywhere for a longer lever that followed the bend at the end of the bar.
Rory at Black Magic sold me a lever with the right bend , Cost $35- + $ shipping.
Nice lever EXCEPT the Parking flipper spring SLOT was made WRONG.

After way too many tries to get BLACK MAGIC to MAKE IT RIGHT ..:wtf: ..I gave up.
Too BAD it works/looks SWEET EXCEPT NO PARKING.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,714 Posts
Black Magic lever works great for me, including parking brake. I have a taller windshield so I did have to cut off about 1/2 inch off the end to prevent interference.[/b]
I want one too, but I can't find it!

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,714 Posts
03' and 04' levers were shorter than the 05' and 06'. Arctic Cat had billet levers available in their accessories catalog. Another great place to look for these type of things is www.catdeals.com. Check it out.[/b]

Thats the think, Billet is too cold up here!!! I need a plastic one! (or a heated Billet one,lol)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.