Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Mountain Cat spring is a straight rate spring. The rate may be something like 85lbs. The ZR spring is a progressive rate spring. The rates may be something like 50/95. I'm not too sure about performance characteristics. Some like one, some like the other. I also have progressive rate springs on my ZR but put some longer ones on. The stock springs are too short IMO.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
kruzer, what are the advantages of the longer springs? do you have to make any other adjustments?

·
Registered
400 Posts
The stock springs were too short, thus the ride height wasn't as high as it should have been. I had to crank the retainer ring right to the end of the threads to get anywhere close to the right ride height; there went my travel. Plus the stock springs were a too soft. The new ones I added were longer and a bit stiffer. So, I had the ride height I wanted and a stiffer front end. I actually had to compress the springs about one quarter inch to get the retainer ring threaded. I know I kept the bag they came in. I could get you the part # if you want.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
year kruzer, fire that to me on pm....that is waht im looking for....Little higher in the front....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I just replaced my zr springs with the sno pro part number ones. Much longer and plenty of adjustment. They should have been on them to begin with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts