Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an 02 Pro x 600 while searching the internet. Actually my mom found it. I have seen many 02 pro xs with 03 graphics this is one of them atleast according to the owner its an 02. Was there any difference between the 02 and 03 pro xs? I have two pics that he sent me. The sled has 2 small tears about half and inch and an inch right on the seam that my mom could easily sew up it has mirrors and lots of picks gonna guess 196 but don't know (not familiar with outside studding). Has 3900 miles and looks extremely clean in the pictures. Also has mirrors. And according to him always stored inside. How much should I pay if its in great condition?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Here is what I know.
The 02 had almost the same graphics as the 03. It was a limited release and it was hard to get. I dont know of any differences between the 02 and 03, I think they are identical, with maybe the shocks being of different calibration.
Sounds like a good sled though....wish I had a 600 when I was 15, I was still on a phazer at that point.
later
TR

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phazer was my second sled crashed it into a tree and still drove it home. That fucker screamed. My dad did radar with it and got it to 93 thats a 488 fan. It was modified by my dad and 3 other guys who used to mod exciters enticers and phazer while in college they got so good they made a few custom parts. Was a sick sled til i hit the tree not very fast but the front end was made of nothing and just crumbled pretty much just need a new front end but we sold it any way and a year later after I worked hard I bought a 1994 indy classic and 2 year later I might be getting the pro x.

The shocks are the same from what I can see. Do you know what was different about the graphics?

Anyone know of a good set of twin pipes or maybe how much trail porting would cost for this engine who should I get to do the trail porting? Anyone with a white set of c&as they wanna sell me?

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
03 has the team clutch and the 02 has the button I beleive. Not sure what the 02 had for shocks, but probably set up stiffer. I know the 01 prox 600 was set up just like the 440 shocks.Graphics are the same. It might have the older style skis as well.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I think the 02 lacked the brace across the top of the 2 front shocks and had a few minor differances in the bulk head..... had a few minor differance in the supension also.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by nickels@Oct 3 2005, 08:34 PM
03 has the team clutch and the 02 has the button I beleive. Not sure what the 02 had for shocks, but probably set up stiffer. I know the 01 prox 600 was set up just like the 440 shocks.Graphics are the same. It might have the older style skis as well.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906363
[/quote]
Any way to tell the difference between the button and the team clutch (sorry kind of stupid when it comes to certain types of clutches) From what I know the team clutch has coloring on it is that correct I know how to spot a team secondary.

I searched but came up with many different answers

Where can I get a set of LRM twin pipes for my sled?\

Whats the best clutch kit for off trail and on trail riding?
Heard names like

Hyperlite
Erdanlason (spelling definitly off)

Thanks.

Jared

·
Registered
179 Posts
the 02 was alot slower then the 03 ,02 was kinda like a test year for that sled,had alot of problems with them,go with the 03 or newer.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Honestly the best thing you could do for mods on that sled are
- Can ( slp is good, maybe others)
-Stock Pipe
- Clutch mods
-Vforce Reeds
-SLP airbox mod
-Tune your suspension for your weight and get it to handle
Honestly a well tuned pro-x will have no problem on the trail with any other sleds.
Trust me, my pro-x 600 gave many larger sleds fits on the trail( f7, zr800, mxz700, rev 600 ho) They are great sleds!!!
If you do get it and need clutching help, ask matt or brock on this forum, they helped me a ton and they know their $hit!!
later
TR

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by sks800@Oct 3 2005, 08:48 PM
the 02 was alot slower then the 03 ,02 was kinda like a test year for that sled,had alot of problems with them,go with the 03 or newer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906406
[/quote]
Do you know what they did to improve the 03? They are the same engines aren't they? If its slow I guess I'm gonna have to pass hes asking alot but I think I could have worked him down. Hes asking 3750 which In my eyes it overpriced especially if its an 02 I planned to pay 3500 for an 03 and I have seen many go for that price around here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I dont think the 02 should be any slower than the 03, it is the same motor just different secondary clutching. And yes 3750 seems like too much for that sled with that many miles.

I have a buddy here in NH who has an 03 Pro-X 600 with the following mods for sale. It has slp can, slp high flow airhorn, 1 3/8 track, X2 shorty seat, windshield bag and many others. Best thing is that it only has less than 500 miles on it.
I think he wants around $ 4600 though.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by TRMOTORSPORTS@Oct 3 2005, 09:27 PM
I dont think the 02 should be any slower than the 03, it is the same motor just different secondary clutching. And yes 3750 seems like too much for that sled with that many miles.

I have a buddy here in NH who has an 03 Pro-X 600 with the following mods for sale. It has slp can, slp high flow airhorn, 1 3/8 track, X2 shorty seat, windshield bag and many others. Best thing is that it only has less than 500 miles on it.
I think he wants around $ 4600 though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906517
[/quote]

Yea 4600 is WAY out of my price range. Thats what I thought. Any one got an 03 secondary clutch for sale? I will go check it out still its only 15 minutes from me. If if has the team clutch I will probably buy it I will definitly take some pics and post them up.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But will the team clutch make it a totally different sled. I know the clutching has alot to do with a sled but from what nickels (probably most educated atleast seems like it), sks800, xc mark say it sounds like its more than the clutch thats different that makes it worst than an 03.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the 02. Its real stiff and will need to be revalved. There were a couple of recalls that should have been done. Change the clutching and the gears and its good to go. Don't waste your money on pipes they will not do you very much good for the money. Jet it down to 410 if you are at sea level. Stock gearing on the the sled was 24:41. I am running 23:40 which seems to be a good set up but you'll need a smaller chain. Vforce will make it feel snappier. Not sure on the airbox mod yet, I might do that before the snow flies. 02 and 03 are the same from what I have found except from the team secondary on the 03. Graphics seem to be the same. Hope this helps. My 02 looks identical to the one in the pictures you have.

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Oct 3 2005, 07:42 PM
Any way to tell the difference between the button and the team clutch (sorry kind of stupid when it comes to certain types of clutches) From what I know the team clutch has coloring on it is that correct I know how to spot a team secondary.

I searched but came up with many different answers

Where can I get a set of LRM twin pipes for my sled?\
Whats the best clutch kit for off trail and on trail riding?
Heard names like

Hyperlite
Erdanlason (spelling definitly off)

Thanks.

Jared
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906386
[/quote]
The team clutches that come stock are not painted. It will say team on the clutch itself.I wouldn't worry about not having the team clutch. The price on that 02 is high.Polaris idiot is selling his 03 pro x for that price. :div20:

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Originally posted by braaap11889@Oct 3 2005, 05:48 PM
But will the team clutch make it a totally different sled. I know the clutching has alot to do with a sled but from what nickels (probably most educated atleast seems like it), sks800, xc mark say it sounds like its more than the clutch thats different that makes it worst than an 03.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906577
[/quote]

Team clutches are over rated pieces of $hit, it would be better to have a button on there with a good set up. Talk him down on the price and it should be a good deal. Shocks and springs are calibrated differently between 02-03, 02 has stiffer springs and diff valving, should be very good for a young rider like your self, if you like riding hard.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I will have to disagree with you saying the team clutch is a piece of $hit.
I know the team clutch does not allow good top end but the pro-x is not a top end sled in design. The back shift of the team clutch is awesome compared to the button clutch, if it was a piece of crap they why do the polaris, ski-doo and cat sno-x sleds have the team clutch now??
Just my opinion not trying to bash you, I have had good luck with the team clutch but I agree the top end is not there...

·
Registered
134 Posts
The main differences between 2002 and 2003 was the secondary clutch as others have stated, button in '02, Team in '03. Also the spring rates were way stiff in '02, you will want to change the front track spring to something softer. The '02 shock valving is stiff for trail riding, but works if you really ride hard and pound on the sled. The '02 does have the cross brace between the shock towers. The '02 has some nicer details, like red idler wheels, red ski tips, and the full handlebar pad for a cleaner look. All the shocks have clicker adjustments, with remote reservoirs on the two track shocks. With the clutching tuned right, my 2002 was a rocket!

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
Originally posted by TRMOTORSPORTS@Oct 4 2005, 06:09 AM
I will have to disagree with you saying the team clutch is a piece of $hit.
I know the team clutch does not allow good top end but the pro-x is not a top end sled in design. The back shift of the team clutch is awesome compared to the button clutch, if it was a piece of crap they why do the polaris, ski-doo and cat sno-x sleds have the team clutch now??
Just my opinion not trying to bash you, I have had good luck with the team clutch but I agree the top end is not there...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=907014
[/quote]
I agree! I have had no problems with my team clutches. Would use the team over the button any day.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts