Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
did do a 293 mile (472 km) ride in North Dakota and Minnesota with HCS member freelance.

Map with GPS track of ride

staged in Cavalier ND

those beet trucks are everywhere

approaching MN border at Oslo...crossing the Red River

some inventory ready to be shipped

crossing the Red River back into ND at Pembina

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,438 Posts
Wow, hopefully that river ditch is properly marked - that would hurt.

Lots of zooming trails up there in flat land......

·
Registered
958 Posts
Well done! That looks like a fun ride! It's been a long time since I've been up that way, brings back memories.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, hopefully that river ditch is properly marked - that would hurt.

Lots of zooming trails up there in flat land......

this one? MN grooms a loop right to the edge...I've crossed many times in daylight and really haven't payed attention to signage but in the video some signs did show up in the headlight

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,438 Posts
It would be easier to see the change in terrain at night - and the grooming loop right there would also help. But flat white light during a cloudy day, yikes - Looks like you had a good ride!

·
Registered
413 Posts
We all want to know what "last ride" is. Are you finished? I know the last few years have been poor for snow conditions but I'm sure it will get better.. Whatever moving on is, good luck..:dunno:

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no more sledding

bought this new bike today 03/03/2020

2019 Honda CRF450L Dual/Sport...dealer had excellent pricing plus there was a $1000.00 factory rebate to top it off.

I have a couple of road bikes but have recently gotten the bug for off highway adventure type riding...this should fit the bill perfectly.

·
Registered
908 Posts
You will have a blast with that,I had a KLR 650 for 3 years.Shocked that you are giving up sledding but I guess you have done it all.You can always drive to Yellowstone and rent if you get the bug.This was my first season away from it in 40 years.Now that Im in BC I can head up a mountain and rent.I enjoy my summer toys more now as I get older,Mustang convertible and Honda Goldwing.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
no more sledding

2019 Honda CRF450L Dual/Sport...dealer had excellent pricing plus there was a $1000.00 factory rebate to top it off.

I have a couple of road bikes but have recently gotten the bug for off highway adventure type riding...this should fit the bill perfectly.

I was eyeing one myself last spring , good reviews too
good choice:fistpump2: swiss army knifes of dual sports

·
Registered
413 Posts
no more sledding

I hear ya RWS, you've put on more miles in three seasons then most put on it ten. I'll miss your posts and pictures, but may see you on the road on two wheels.. Good luck Bud..

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Added some accessories with more coming later in the week.

So far I mounted my Garmin Montana 610 with a fused always hot plug in, Tusk D-Flex hand guards and a AXP skid plate.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear ya RWS, you've put on more miles in three seasons then most put on it ten. I'll miss your posts and pictures, but may see you on the road on two wheels.. Good luck Bud..

I ventured into Manitoba a couple of times last year...once on my Rebel and once on the Valkyrie and will prolly be up there this year too...so I'll let you know when I do.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I made an adapter to interface the bike to a ATV/Motorcycle jack. The adapter is bolted to the bike and the jack for a secure connection. The bike can be tipped to either wheel if needed to get the opposite end higher without risk of falling off jack

1 - 20 of 33 Posts