Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Polaris Pro X Switchback
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the thread mentions, was anyone riding up at Hudson Bay this past week-end that can comment on conditions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
some trails are groomed, others are passable but major rough. we passed open water a hand full of times and turned around once. stubble feilds are nice there is good base up there.
is it worth a 4 hr drive from regina? not really imo unless trails are what u are into. my dealer is lewellins and my machince was there for service from two weeks ago waiting to be picked up. i also had a buddy that wanted miles on new machince so it was broke in when snow does come. with the intention soley for miles instead of being able to play it is ok.
300 miles better then sitting on couch
below is a pick from weekend near the new tq shelter avrage snow 1'

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Polaris Pro X Switchback
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the update. Kinda doping the same thing., Getting some miles on a newly rebuilt machine and better than sitting at home. Going to ride the NW side to Bradshaw Mill and a loop into the Carrot River trail system. I am more of a high miler than a drift buster unless we can run cross country and no snow for that yet.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hudson Bay has been flooded with sledders over the past several weeks, with no let up in site. Grooming has been proceeding slowly as ice and frost conditions permit and updates will be posted weekly on the SSA web site under Trails and Conditions. One of the questions we get a lot is how much snow is there in the fields, and I have to say as a club we do not really promote field riding outside of the permissions we have for trails to cross private lands to get to crown land in the forestry. There have been problems in the past in fenced areas, private dugouts and near yards and it doesn't do anything good for PR. With the high traffic volumes and limited snow conditions from 20 to 45 cm dependent on the area, the trails that have been groomed do take a beating. The Trail Riders club has 12 shelters in the 680 km system many of which have been recently upgraded, we would appreciate an appropriate level of respect when using the shelters, "Pack it in, Pack it out" is a great motto that needs to be applied more as it is almost impossible to keep up with removal of garbage, cans and bottles in some of the main shelters. We also have had recent discussions with the RCMP who will be doing spot checks in Town and on the Trail system for registrations etc... As a club we welcome and support this as there has to be some level of responsibility and order out there. Registrations are the only way the only way that trails are funded in Saskatchewan and so far that pays for about half the actual cost, the rest is still supported by volunteer efforts. Also remember that all trails are two way traffic and during the week there could be a groomer around any corner, there have been a number of close calls already this year.
That about sums up the serious stuff, so have fun, be responsible and have a safe riding season. Oh yeah, please pass this along to anyone who you think needs to read it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts