Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting something simple to jet my sled. I have been doing a little reading about dial-a-jet and I was curious what everyone thinks of them and are they worth it.

Thanks
TheGeneral

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Never had them on a firecat but i used them on my ZRs, with excellent results. they are a little time consuming to install and a few drill bits and taps will be required but it does make a diffrence.. Like with any tuning I reccomend a temp gage if you plan on WOT or high elevation.

But basicly you are going to jet the carb down to say 320 stock to 280 and each click of the D-A-J will be aprox the next jet size. so you will never be below the 280. so you can safley ride in the -20 to 40 range witha 30 second adjustment.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I had a dial a jet on my xcr 800 . It was awsome !!!!! Well worth the money .Lonn Peterson knows his stuff . :div20:

·
Registered
942 Posts
i had them on my EXT 550 and JRT 600. work fine for adjustablility of MJ. however the issue was the needle jet. with EFT gauge it was clear was too lean or too rich by moving the needle. i could have used a shim but chose to swap out the needle jets. no needles i could find were a fix. now the holtzman variflow i feel is a better product. set and forget.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyones input, I appreciate it greatly as to i'm am new to this. Ronny could you please point me in the proper direction for the holzman variflow. I have never heard of that product, so any information would be great.

thanks again
TheGeneral

·
Registered
942 Posts
holzmann variflow. maybe holtzmann engineering. not sure. search and you will find. or search here for recomendations. should be in almost any parts catalog HPE SLP. works off of temperature within the air box and regulates float bowl(vented to special device) pressure to determine fuel flow at all throttle openings cept idle off idle i believe. install i feel is easier. instructions are on his website.

i have a 2 year warrenty so will add this time next year.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Holtzman Tempa flow. Install and go. For temp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts