Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great draft, new front office, new Head Coach....I can feel big things coming!!!!

View attachment 2121106
I hope your right Al. But with the same Ford ownership it would just be like them to screw around not wanting to pay their draft picks to get them all signed. I started following the Lions as a young boy in 1970 and the Fords have always been cheap. The Billy Sims holdout in Dec 1983 after they drafted him is how this Ford owned team continues to operate to this day. It’s unfortunate for all the Lions fans. I use to go to their games at the Silverdome. I have not went to a game at Ford Field.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't this happen every 3-4 years?
I hope your right Al. But with the same Ford ownership it would just be like them to screw around not wanting to pay their draft picks to get them all signed. I started following the Lions as a young boy in 1970 and the Fords have always been cheap. The Billy Sims holdout in Dec 1983 after they drafted him is how this Ford owned team continues to operate to this day. It’s unfortunate for all the Lions fans. I use to go to their games at the Silverdome. I have not went to a game at Ford Field.
I know it’s like Groundhog Day with the team but I keep watching and hoping!
I hear ya Yankee....I’ve been a fan since 1975 when I was 8 years old ...actually went to the last game at Tiger Stadium and I went to a few at The Silverdome but like you no games at Ford Field. Regardless of the wins and losses I’ll always be a fan. 👊🏻🇺🇸

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
For whatever reason when I was like 8 years old I had a Lions Starter Pullover jacket and a couple tshirts and was a fan for like a Season or two. 🤣 Guess I liked the logo 🤷‍♂️.

Then my Best friend was like dude you're from Connecticut ,why would you even pick that team they are terrible.
Patriots fan ever since, was a good move lol.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For whatever reason when I was like 8 years old I had a Lions Starter Pullover jacket and a couple tshirts and was a fan for like a Season or two. 🤣 Guess I liked the logo 🤷‍♂️.

Then my Best friend was like dude you're from Connecticut ,why would you even pick that team they are terrible.
Patriots fan ever since, was a good move lol.
As a Bears fan I know where you’re coming from. I think we had a great draft, but it’s the Bears so who knows.
Yeah The Pats were a great choice!🤣 Way back in the day before they were good and coached by Chuck Fairbanks they came here for a some practices and a scrimmage as Fairbanks was from this area..I was maybe 7 or 8. As for The Bears always been a fan even though they are in the same division as The Lions...Butkus, Payton, McMahon, Ditka...good stuff! 👍🏼🇺🇸

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mathew Stafford is coming up a unrestricted free agent in 2022 so
the Lions got what they could get for him... 3 draft picks and a younger
proven QB. Its a step in the right direction but the Lions almost
desperately need playoff success. What top grade player wants to
play for the Lions..... More info about the Lions draft here.......
2021 Detroit Lions NFL Draft Review - Last Word on Sports

·
Registered
366 Posts
Tom Brady the hall of fame QB will play his last year in 2021/22
he is 43 years old and has played 20 seasons......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts