Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have innstalled my team 719 helix. I dident get any delrin washers. I also called to the shop, thay said that i didnt need the delrin washers .Why do we need the washers.

What will happen if i not use the delrin washers. Will someting get broken?. Do loose performance ??

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
Not needed as in everything will work without them.....they come on our sleds without the washers.

However, the washers make almost as much improvement as the helix change itself.

I rode all last year without the '719 without the washers. I installed the washers this year and I'm even happier.

No reason not to go riding if you don't have them, but for the $10 + shipping you should get them and install at your soonest opportunity.....again, for the fun factor.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Any part of your sled, not just clutching, will always function better if there is less friction(or "stiction" as some would call it). Try tuning your sled to free moving parts instead of adding extra spring tension to overcome a binding effect and the difference will surprise you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. Dident know that, will order it on monday. Still have a lot to learn. New at snowmobiling. Is the washer har to install. Do i need any tools?

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
ok. Dident know that, will order it on monday. Still have a lot to learn. New at snowmobiling. Is the washer har to install. Do i need any tools?[/b]
You will need a few different tools, a tool to remove tork screws in helix, a tool to remove C-clip and make a tool to compress spring.

I would think that if this is the first time for you to mess with the team clutch you would be better off taking to someone that knows what they are doing and hopefully you can watch and take notes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts