Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were taken last January on Super Bowl weekend.

Just thought I'd see what you guys think of these.

Location will remain undisclosed. North of Highway 10 though........

hehe

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Originally posted by Sledneck141@Oct 2 2005, 09:00 PM
These were taken last January on Super Bowl weekend.

Just thought I'd see what you guys think of these.

Location will remain undisclosed.  North of Highway 10 though........

hehe
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904838
[/quote]

Thats it i want in on the next trip... :augen41:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha, you would've gotten stuck more than I did!!!!

j/k

:banana:

70 miles south of International Falls

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
There was more snow than that out in the swamp behind my house last year, I checked it a couple times and the deepest spot I found 8-9 feet of snow out there, You could only see about 4 feet of a 13 foot high tree, I wish I had taken some piks and now I will this year so I have a pik. When there is little or no snow there is always snow out in the swamp since it seems to fall there more than anywhere else. I know i didn't dare to stop my sled since i didn't want to get stuck by myself out there 5-6 miles from the nearest house

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Reminds me exactly of the snow on the Big Fork River on that weekend. Rode about 10 miles of 3 foot powder on the river and never used my skis to turn. Just lean.........

Jeff

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff G: You know where Northhome is then I take it??

My friend's cabin is on Dark Lake, near Gemmel.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Jeff and sledneck I have been up that way many times, rode the littlefork from cook up and the bigfork from bigfork on it was fun and hardly no tracks the days we went breaking trail the whole way, real sweet. You will have to come further south sometime and ride the St. Louis with me it is a blast in itself, from my house in Forbes to Floodwood it is 76 miles one way and some of the best riding in the area. and of course the swamps are the best anywhere for deep snow and weaving around trees and just plain playing around in.,. Ya the st.louis is great to blast up onto the banks and drop back down on the river all while cruising at 50-60 mph, kind of like side hilling on the mountains just stand on one running board and hang on as far as you can

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Originally posted by trailhawk100@Oct 3 2005, 09:10 PM
Jeff and sledneck I have been up that way many times, rode the littlefork from cook up and the bigfork from bigfork on it was fun and hardly no tracks the days we went breaking trail the whole way, real sweet. You will have to come further south sometime and ride the St. Louis with me it is a blast in itself, from my house in Forbes to Floodwood it is 76 miles one way and some of the best riding in the area.  and of course the swamps are the best anywhere for deep snow and weaving around trees and just plain playing around in.,. Ya the st.louis is great to blast up onto the banks and drop back down on the river all while cruising at 50-60 mph, kind of like side hilling on the mountains just stand on one running board and hang on as far as you can
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=906631
[/quote]

Nice...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, it was great!!!!!

But when we went back in March our tracks from January were still there......... :doh:

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have room on a trip to Lake Vermilion the weekend of Feb 2-3-4. I rented a 18 person cabin and a 10 person cabin. I think we are up to 12 or 14 people now. PM me if anyone wants to go. 45 bucks per night per person plus the room tax. It a great group of guys and gals. The snow was deep there last year too! :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
My Mom lives on Vermillion on Daisy Bay Birch Point, big log house with log boathouse and sauna next door to marina

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Sure can, and If I am not at work I will be there to ride with ya. Feb 2-4th I marked it on the calander already... PM me your cell number and I will send you mine

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by firecatkid229@Oct 5 2005, 11:53 AM
hey cody and chris we gotta get together and ride this winter!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=909997
[/quote]

Hey there!!! Got a new sled eh?? Are you still trying to find a 440 to race with???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Minnesota has always had great winters. Although I've only been to Wis. and Minn., I here there the better states to ride in. :div20:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can't wait to ride either. Just bought a basically brand new sled. 04 Firecat, 500 miles, lots of mods., and is in mint condition for 4,000.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Here's some pics of my backyard in Cloquet, from Jan. 05. Also a pic of one of the HCS group rides I hosted at my place. We had a great time. Hope to do it again this coming winter if conditions permit. Think Snow!! :div20: Roger

1 - 20 of 27 Posts