Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the fence about what size lug to order and F7. My concerns are increased vibration and noise and more push through the corners. What are other riders thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Go with the 1.375. Supposedly Cat had addressed the noise/vibration with different rail bend and 9 tooth drivers for 04. I have the 1.375 on my F7 and I mostly ride groomed trails(although not always smooth :D) and I have always been studded until this sled and I am absolutely happy with this track....un-studded. Don't get me wrong here, I do feel that studs have a importaint place, especially when it comes to ICY situations but I have adjusted my riding style(probably slowed down a bit :p ) and as I stated before, am very happy with this 1.375 track. I have not ridden a 1" lug F7 to be able to compare if it "pushes" less than the 1.375....

Just my opinion.
-John

·
Registered
233 Posts
First off, this is not meant to be offensive. If this Eric is who I think it is, I am laughing my way all the way to the bank. What happened to the Polaris? I would go with the 1" track because the 1.375 will not keep up with us with the 1". By the way if this is the Eric I think it is, welcome to the cat side.

·
Registered
81 Posts
if you want it to rip out of the hole get the 1.375, remember tucker at the X
games a couple of years ago!

·
Registered
125 Posts
My brother has an F7 with a 1inch and i smoke him until top end so i dont know where u can say the 1.375 doesnt keep up with the 1inch the 1.375 is faster than the 1 inch until tope end

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
go with the 1.375 track and add 102 woody mega bites. i ride in michigan on groomed trails and the studs give just a little extra traction yet able to slide thru the corners and not push.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
yea totally depends on what u like and what your riding conditions are, im very excited about my 1.37 and its great for drag races..... but if top end is your thing and theres alot of hardpack, the 1" would suit you better....

if you have snow and like to play and get a great whole shot etc...... go big or go home :p

i dont feel or hear my track but it does cause the overheat light come on pretty quick when theres no snow ( roads )....... but get one of those 1" guys in some deep snow and say bye bye to them :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1"----lake racing no hole shot unlsess you have a lot of studs, best for top speed
1.375"-- nice all round track with studs but not as good top speed
1.5--same price as the 1.375" but real nice in trails deep snow AND HOOK UP!
I just put the 1.5 with studs I like it better then the 1.375 and only lost 2 mph,104mph damn that sucks on a F5 lol

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by JLeosnow@Mar 29 2003, 11:08 PM
Go with the 1.375. Supposedly Cat had addressed the noise/vibration with different rail bend and 9 tooth drivers for 04. I have the 1.375 on my F7 and I mostly ride groomed trails(although not always smooth :D) and I have always been studded until this sled and I am absolutely happy with this track....un-studded. Don't get me wrong here, I do feel that studs have a importaint place, especially when it comes to ICY situations but I have adjusted my riding style(probably slowed down a bit :p ) and as I stated before, am very happy with this 1.375 track. I have not ridden a 1" lug F7 to be able to compare if it "pushes" less than the 1.375....

Just my opinion.
-John
I could not agree more!!! :D :D Go with the 1.375", you won't regret it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I ride extremely aggressive and find the 1 3/8 a little too aggressive for cornering. You can't slide the back end around. I'm thinking of trying a 1" or 1.25". The hook up is nice, but cornering is limited. My .02

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by Red Devil@Apr 1 2003, 08:16 AM
I ride extremely aggressive and find the 1 3/8 a little too aggressive for cornering. You can't slide the back end around. I'm thinking of trying a 1" or 1.25". The hook up is nice, but cornering is limited. My .02
what do u have for studs?... i ordered the 1.375 with 102, its should be alright everyone i talk to said its the best and thye would never go back

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
1.375. I'll never go back to anything less than 1.25. Paddle track 'bite' is well worth the extra money. I"ll spend that any day of the week.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My F7 STANDARD is 1". I beat my buddy's 1.375" SNOPRO on the top end when on hard packed snow but he is faster in the deep stuff. We had so much snow this year that I would have slightly preferred the 1.375".

On the trails I hardly noticed a difference. The 1.375 was not thumpy like I expected.

QUESTION FOR OTHERS: Does the 1.375" respond differently on the STANDARD vs. SNOPRO?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hey hamiljoe, how much do you beat him by on top end? Do you just fingerwalk him or is there quite a difference? I ordered a Sno Pro F7 yesterday in 1" but having second thoughts. I plan on studding so that is why I went with the 1". Can't decide........... :wacko:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have an F7 SP with 128 studs and two friends have std. F7's with the one inch tracks and 170 studs. Now depending on conditions, if I don't spin, I can usually beat them up to about 95 mph or just around 1000 ft, but after that one of the std F7's comes around me pretty good and then the other is right behind him. Now if its low snow conditions and more ice, they'll hook up and I'll spin, obviously. Now mine is clutch and theirs are stock, but we have swapped both my clutches onto one of the F7's and that sled then showed better response in the mid range, quicker mid range and improved top end.

Bottom line! In the trial go with the 1.375 with 120 to 130 something number of studs for safety. If you prefer lake racing past 1000 ft, top end runs go with the 1" track. One other thing I have noticed with the 1.375 track is that when the snow gets sugery "apple sauce" like, the back end won't dance around on you like the incher will.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wood,

The clutching was a Goodwin developed kit, my sled was one of two used to develope the "trail" riding kit for the F7. The kit has a GP black primary spring, a GP silver secondary spring, one matched set of 66 gram weights and non-marked custom helix. I am not sure of the spring rates or angle of the helix. I just let greg have my sled at the beginning of the season and he uses it to tune the kits, then gives me the parts free after testing was done, Let me call and get the specs for you if I can. This is not a lake race kit.
The clutching is designed to pull at 7,800 RPM, engagement is about 4,200-4,300. Mine's a sno-pro. Greg also used it to test the TPI valves. That airbox mod was good for about 2 miles per hour in 500 ft on the stalker gun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts