Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is 2006 the last year for the edge chassis and the following sleds:

500 XCSP, Indy 500, Super Sport, Trail RMK, 600 Touring, 340 Touring, Widetrack, 600 Classic, 550 Classic, 500 Classic, 340 Classic, and the 120 ProX

What do you think will replace the 120, 340, and most importantly the 500?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I bet the 120 will stay mostly the same or atleast it won't lose its engine or anything it will be just the way it is now maybe with new plastic.

I think the edge chassis will stay around for the 340. The wide track is a gen II chassis still and I have a feeling its gona stay that way. Companys like to focus on what sells best and work with those. The widetrack is probably the sled that sells the least of so thats why its still with the gen II chassis. It's not exactly easy to redesign a sled. I can't picture a 500 in a fusion but its gotta happen sometime. The 550 fan would have a hard time in both the rmk IQ chassis and a little hard time in the fusion. Maybe the 4 stroke hood would work. Because of the air that it needs to circulate to cool the engine. 600 touring will just be like the fs touring but with 600 HO engine most likely. Same with the classic 600. It would be cool to see a 600 or a 550 trail RMK in the rmk IQ chassis. The shorter than the 144 but longer than the 136 would be great for people who do mostly trail riding but a small amount of off trail of people that just do trail riding because the longer track is much comfortable.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I think they shoulda put the 500 Fuji in an IQ chassis this year.... keep the price just as low and they'd sell a ton of them. Next year...

The 500 Indy is the best selling machine ever? Is it not?! :dunno:

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
Originally posted by xPOLARISx@Aug 30 2005, 06:32 PM
I think they shoulda put the 500 Fuji in an IQ chassis this year.... keep the price just as low and they'd sell a ton of them. Next year...

The 500 Indy is the best selling machine ever? Is it not?!  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=853883
[/quote]

I think that title goes to the Doo Elan

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Originally posted by snowtime@Aug 30 2005, 10:37 AM
So is 2006 the last year for the edge chassis and the following sleds:

500 XCSP, Indy 500, Super Sport, Trail RMK, 600 Touring, 340 Touring, Widetrack, 600 Classic, 550 Classic, 500 Classic, 340 Classic, and the 120 ProX

What do you think will replace the 120, 340, and most importantly the 500?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=853108
[/quote]

i think they ll come up a low budget fusion type chassis maybe even something like the freestyle only hopefully not as ugly and the 120s need to look more like a fusion i know cat dropped the ball on the f 120 they shouldnt have given it the f designation until they changed the looks hopefully when polaris drops the trailing arm chassis they dont screw up the 120 like cat did

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,148 Posts
The Elan name has been around since the 60's

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hope they continue to make a few sleds in the EDGE chassis. I really like my '03 Escape and feel the 488lbs dry weight has it's advantages over the new IQ RMK. I haven't had the chance to ride an IQ RMK but hope to this season. With the 900 being 62lbs heavier than my Escape it can't be THAT much better....???... :dunno:

I know I don't plan on going to an IQ anytime soon, I see the late EDGE sleds as well designed reliable machines and that means a lot to me, especially deep in the mountains away from the trails where breaking down is not fun. Seems there have been a lot of problems with both the RMK and Fusion last year, I'm not interested in problems.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Just picked up my wifes "last" edge chassis simply due to the fact I could'nt sell her on the IQ. I love the fact that she loves the m-10 and edge chassis, and hope that Polaris continues with this, regardless of the idea of evolution. It's proven, it's perfect, for the consumers who want a frugal, yet competitive, design and lasting low maintanence performance. This sled will only live as long as we voice our consumer's right of purchase. Long live the EDGE. :div20:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I know it's a bitter pill for Polaris to swallow if they decide to drop the edge designed chassis. There the ones that perfected the IFS, double coupling set up. There's still a part of the edge design incorporated in the I.Q. I'm sure Polaris will guage the sales.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have 2 leftover 03 edge chassis machines and I love them both. My 700 has 8.5 miles on it. I didn't get a chance to ride it last year. Looking forward to riding it this year.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Originally posted by xPOLARISx@Aug 31 2005, 02:22 PM
The Phazer could be.... and likely is but the Indy 500 is probably the 2nd best selling machine in history.... but I dont think Polaris will drop it... so it will reach No.1 someday soon.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=855308
[/quote]

I remember in 96 or 7, Polaris sold more XLT's than Yamaha sold sleds! There are a ton of them around for sure.

The Indy 500 continues to be a great value. I remember buying them in 89-92 for about $4800, hell, they're hardly more than that now.

If new sled prices keep climbing so the manufacturers can build less sleds and make more money, I'll be riding a 500 again soon. It's gettin WAY out of hand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts