Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious. Did anyone who is From N.Y. purchase a sled from Sun & Snow recreation?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curiosity. I traded an 01zr600 in for an 02 zr600 EFI Cross country for 1600, this year they wanted 3000. I was wondering if you actually trust the work they do? I had my rear shock rebuilt but it seems the same to me. I wonder if they even looked at it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by F250@Dec 12 2002, 01:18 PM
I had my rear shock rebuilt but it seems the same to me. I wonder if they even looked at it.
Is it possible that your shock didn't need a rebuild? If so, the rebuilt shock would work just the same as before? Marc

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What makes the rear sag so much, after a good hard ride down the trail (with new HD rear springs, and rebuilt shock) the rear of the sled still sags about 2-3". I pick up on the back bumper and let it go, and it droops right back down. Sometimes its up, others it's down. It is the Cross-Country edition with remote reservoirs.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
F250,
that is one of the great mysteries of life and on which all of us CCE owners have pondered ever since our sleds had a few miles on them. Didn't do it new! I just put in some super bigboy springs (285#) so it will be interesting to see if the sag returns. I was down about a 1/2" the other day after sitting in the garage for 4 weeks untouched.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have sag prob too(800CCE)...AC dealer kinda avoided the issue when I pointed it out..I found out from mech. they rebuilt shock and went thru one and still didnt help like other posting said...Keep us post muskoka 800 let us know how those spring work...at Grayslake show I looked at all the CCE's and everyone had a sag..

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the heavyduty rear springs put in and they rebuilt the rear shock it still sags 2-3" in the rear. But in the front I put the yellow springs from the 2002 440 z sno-pro. It raised the front about 2" with no sag at all, not too stiff either.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
2-3 inches is normal remember a lot of peaple liked the days of the non tilted tunnel and no link because there was nom sag no travel compared to now but they were slot cars on the trails just like the srx very low to the ground travel was min.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a ZR8 cc efi from them, I have had the shocks done twice under warranty, and the new springs put in. We rode last weekend and it felt ok, I am heading to the Hill soon and will put it to the real test.
I also bought a 2003 Pantera 800 efi, And I love it.
The guys at Sun and Snow are great to work with, I have been very happy !!!

Later
Pj

1 - 10 of 10 Posts