Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who does everybody have for a dealer? I'm looking for one in New Hampshire and need some feedback. I don't want a dealer who is going to give me a hard time when I want my updates done. Even better... I'd like a dealer that would have the updates already done by the time I buy my f5 in June.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rochester Motor Sports on RT 125 in Rochester..i have a bunch of freinds that got there sleds there and there service as well as there prices are incredible..Bought mine at Plaistow Power Sports..and there service has been great..just there prices are a bit silly :p Hope that helps ya...Where are ya at anyways ?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in a small town called Enfield in New Hampshire. We have a doo dealer right down the road but i'm not about to buy one of those. The closest cat dealer is Jarvis in Windsor Vermont. I was looking to go to Livingstons in Hillsboro because my uncle buys a new one every year from there and I have nothing but positive feedback from there.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
as far as service i reccomend FREEDOM CYCLE in concord nh . im proably the pickiest mo fo on the planet and they just replaced the chassis in mine and everything is perfect ! i video taped the sled beofre it went in and everything is just the way it was, thank god . 225-2779 .
as far as livingstons is concerned, they told me a complete chassis was not available from cat and even after i gave them the part number they still did not believe me because "he has been doing this for over 20 years", lol. whatever...................

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought a new 2002 ZL600SS from Livingston's last year and had already owned (from another dealer) a 2001 ZL600 EFI. I needed some warrantee work done on the 2001 and Livingston's did it no questions asked. This year I bought a 2003 F7 Snopro as a private sale from New York. I called and talked to Steve Livingston (service manager) about doing the updates and warrantee work on the F7. I reminded him that I had bought a 2002 ZL600 SS from him last year. He informed me that he "only works on sleds he sells" and would not do the updates. I called A-1 in Manchester and they did the updates and said they would do all warrantee work. Livingston's lost me as a customer. So far I am happy w/ A-1.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
catman,
i had the same story with livingstons as well, i guess the son is taking over and does not care about future customers . i asked that seeing he was a cat dealer what would happen if someone from out of state broke down, would he work on their sled ? he flat out said no unless it broke down in their parking lot . as far as im concerned livingstons is a joke, i dont care what people say.

·
Registered
340 Posts
F-5 SnoPro
The reason I bought my ZL600 SS from Livingston's was that I heard they were very reputable. They are about an hour ride for me, but I was willing to travel the distance. Now I won't recommend them to anyone. Hope everything works out on your new chassis.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i rode the sled 30 miles today and all was well ! but very cold, i think it hit 10 ! going out again tomorrow for a test run on our southern nh to northern nh trip next weekend , thats going to be a very long ride . we are going from bear brook state park to laconia tomorrow and next weekend is the biggie, allenstown nh to lancaster , lots -o- miles ! :wacko:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I know you guys are no longer big fans of Livingstons but I AM buying a snowmobile from there. So overall, if you have had your sled worked on there, how was it? My hope was that maybe when I bought my sled, he would do the updates before I came and picked it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts