Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it that Smith Marine, a high volume, high margin Ski-Doo dealership in Old Forge, NY is already sold out of all of their 2022 dealer stock allotment, as well as any used sleds they had. This is not their 2021 and earlier models, or their 2022 Spring Orders, this is their dealer allotment of in-season 2022s still in the crates or on a truck or being built in the factory.

My guess is this dealer sells well over 300 sleds a year.

Reactions: dskofich

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
They sell a ton of sleds. I’m guessing the floor models are limited this year . To esnsure delivery of the ordered sleds

·
Registered
20,778 Posts
Rumor has it that Smith Marine, a high volume, high margin Ski-Doo dealership in Old Forge, NY is already sold out of all of their 2022 dealer stock allotment, as well as any used sleds they had. This is not their 2021 and earlier models, or their 2022 Spring Orders, this is their dealer allotment of in-season 2022s still in the crates or on a truck or being built in the factory.

My guess is this dealer sells well over 300 sleds a year.
Dealers are sold out of everything. Snowmobiles are not in their own little bubble. Go try to buy a car, lawnmower, small tractor, atv, sxs, a boat, ect. Slim pickings on everything. And if your sled goes down mid season, you could be sol on parts to fix it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Dealers are sold out of everything. Snowmobiles are not in their own little bubble. Go try to buy a car, lawnmower, small tractor, atv, sxs, a boat, ect. Slim pickings on everything. And if your sled goes down mid season, you could be sol on parts to fix it.
Not Really...I did an inventory search of new sleds at 5 dealers here in Wisconsin...Close to 400 new 2021's available...If you dont mind paying waaaaay to much...lol

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
So do I keep my back up sled or sell it? Hubby is saying he wants to get rid of his old machine. I'm flummoxed. With the way things are it doesn't make sense to sell.

I do plan on buying a new sled, next year or the year after. At my age it almost doesn't make sense. I might do all of a thousand miles this winter. Maybe not even that.

And I like having the spare for friends. Mostly why I keep it.

Reactions: Doomxz600

·
Registered
2020 XCR 850
133 Posts
So do I keep my back up sled or sell it? Hubby is saying he wants to get rid of his old machine. I'm flummoxed. With the way things are it doesn't make sense to sell.

I do plan on buying a new sled, next year or the year after. At my age it almost doesn't make sense. I might do all of a thousand miles this winter. Maybe not even that.

If you want to get max. return for that backup sled that you can use towards a nice shiny new one next year then this is the year to do it.

Anyone looking for helmets, clothing, etc. for this winter should do it early as well. Lots of talk of things affected by supply chain issues.

·
Premium Member
20,600 Posts
Sled? No dealer of any brand near me, (only an hour from Smith Marine) has anything left to sell. I know 4 dealers pretty well, they only have used sleds, and Very few of those

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I looked up the nada book price and I'm kinda surprised. I'd be able to get close to 4k for my ptek. But I'm not selling.

·
Registered
907 Posts

my wife knows she has her last one but I might do one more but these things change

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
A local dealer to me bought my friends sled off a garage sale. Was a low mile 2002 sled that had a crank out of phase. Dealership fixed it up and put it in showroom. Sold immediately

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XCR 850
1,434 Posts
Not believable is all I can say. Nothing to "lol" about IMO.

·
Registered
680 Posts
A local dealer to me bought my friends sled off a garage sale. Was a low mile 2002 sled that had a crank out of phase. Dealership fixed it up and put it in showroom. Sold immediately
Arctic Cat put out a service bulletin in 2002 for the ZR 800...Some cranks were out of phase on brand new 0 mile sleds...Up to, I think 4* was acceptable...lol...Some were out as much as 7-8*

·
Registered
19SKS850,17Assault815BCX.13BCX,to96XCR6;-} Six Star:Lodge At HWL
244 Posts
Manufactures are going to struggle with getting just the snowcheck sleds out to buyers. Good chance not til first of the year or later is what I was told. Going to make used snowmobiles a premium and left overs the same.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts